Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Newbie's Guide To Making Shops- By Waffle

Waffle

This is my guide to making shops! (for newbies)

STEP ONE: MAKING ITEMS AND MONEY
Click the F1 and open the administration panel. Select 'edit' click on 'edit items'. Now you should see a little pop-up box listing the items you've made (if you've made any) click on an empty space.
Click 'ok'. You will see another pop up. Click on the down button where it says 'none' under 'item name'. Set it to currency. Say you want to name your money 'gold' simply type 'gold' as the name and choose the icon and write a description. Now make items.

STEP TWO: MAKING SHOPS
Open F1 administration panel again and click 'edit shops'. Click on a blank space in the pop up. Name the shop and then under that you'll see 'currency used' set it to dollars (or what ever you named your currency). Add items and set the quantity and ammount they cost. Now you have a shop.

STEP THREE: A SHOP KEEPER
Now you should make a shop keeper. Go to administration panel and choose 'edit NPCs' click an empty space and then edit him, name him, choose avatar, ect. ect. SET HIM TO SHOPKEEPER!

STEP FOUR: THE SHOP
Now if you'd like to make it cooler simply set up a city map and then set up a building map. Set a warp next to the door so that they will warp inside the shop, and a warp in the shop so they can teleport back. Setup the floor, and the counter, along with the npcs from the properties section in 'edit map'. Now you will have to setup the shop. Click attributes and select shops. Then select the shop you want (for e.g. 'brians shop') Now your shop is done!

(please rate, if it needs more detail please say so!)

• 3 months later...
If you set an npc to Shopkeeper doesnt mean he will open the shop when you click on him. It means that he acts like 1, if you want it to happen. You have to make him/her a scripted npc and add a script that will open the shop.

• 1 month later...
I cant do a shop!  It doesnt work. I take a "knife" in currency and named it to Knife. Then I sell it for Value:0, Stackable:none, Bound:none and Im done! But when I click on shop ( can only find one number )and click on number one…

Error 380 (Invaild property value) in procedure ShopEditorInit of Module
modGameLogic

Help me plz

@scholastic:

> Ok, so you use the map editor, but how is it dropped down in the map without filling the whole map? -thanks :icon_surprised:

Don't use the Fill button. Left-Click to place Layers or Attributes on a single Tile, and Right-Click to remove the same Layer or Attribute from that Tile.