Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

"Tho" Epidemic

Dash

Anyone else noticing or already noticed this widespread **epidemic**?

You know, those folks that put "tho" after everything.

~~_"I got that new GTA tho", "Just ate some lobster tho", "Watching this new episode tho"…."I'm taking a * thoooo"_~~

I don't know why it irks me so much lol it just does.  :ph34r:

Also what are some things people say after everything that annoys you?

I use tho as short for though, and sometimes I accidentally type thou and forget the -gh (note: tho sounds like thoh as does though, but thou sounds like "thow"). That being said, unless my sentence is supposed to end with though (e.g. I get cut off), I don't use it at the end of a sentence that it has no place in.

One big thing that irks me is when people use a word in a very wrong context. Widespread epidemic for example when referring to a supposedly popular slang term.

Anyway, what irks me the most (and typically after saying something else of equal stupidity) is yolo, y'all, rilly (which is what people say and write instead of RE ALL EE (really)), 'murica/'murca, anyways, like, y'know/ya know, and quite a lot of other stupid or entirely incorrect or contextually inappropriate terms, phrases, or word sandwiching.

> I don't use it at the end of a sentence that it has no place in.

That's the one!. I've been told when I confront people that it just sounds cool/good, makes whatever you are saying sound cool/good, everyone is saying it, or I'm given an answer that ends with a long "thooooo" <_< .

And wow you got a whole lot, I see some I say occasionally (ya know, like, lol….anyways). Yolo is annoying but the way "Tho" is used tops everything for me.