Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Zelda Sprites

Antidote

Seeing as how EVERYONE uses the RMXP tilesets, I decided to use the Zelda ones, but since they are a little more "toony," the RMXP sprites don't go well with them.  I can't seem to find any good Zelda tiles…. so if someone knows of some or if they can make me some, that'd be great!  Really, just a few sprites that will go well with the toon-look of the Zelda tiles.

NOTE: I don't want straight Zelda tiles, like the ones from the game.  I already looked up a few and not only are they lower quality, but they aren't set up the same way that the Eclipse engine uses... so yeah.

Admins/Mods if this is in the wrong place, please move it for me.  I haven't felt my way _all_ around the forums yet.  :P

Actually Im confuse of what you want?  :huh:

> Seeing as how EVERYONE uses the RMXP tilesets, I decided to use the Zelda ones, but since they are a little more "toony," the RMXP sprites don't go well with them.

Its look like you are using Zelda Tileset(ground,building,trees etc) and want some new sprite.

> I can't seem to find any good Zelda tiles…. so if someone knows of some or if they can make me some, that'd be great!

And Now, you said you cant find any good tiles?  :huh: can you be more specific?

> Really, just a few sprites that will go well with the toon-look of the Zelda tiles.

Now, you mention that you need a few sprite to blend with the Zelda tiles.  XD

I can help you with the sprite, but I need more info. Is your Zelda tiles in the original size? Because with the original size tiles, your sprite will be small 32x32\. I'll post the sprite later~

Here's the remake of Zelda sprite. Tell me if you like it, I'll start making the full CharSet. And please provide me with some info, like what type of hair you want, cloth etc.

![](http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/9279/zeldarevamp.png)
The most left is the original Zelda sprite.

Yeah, sorry I wasn't more specific, but I do have the zelda tiles, I'm just in need of some sprites.  The two main sprites (male and female for both) will be a mage-type look with a robe, and the other will be a warrior-type look with tons of armor.  Then if you could make a bunch of other people that are the same (warrior/mage looks) but have different looks (make sense?)  Ex: They all have armor, but different hair/facial expressions/etc. 

The other people should just look normal, as they'll be shopkeepers/townspeople/etc.  Really I don't know specifically what I want, but I'd like a variety to choose from instead of 5 sprites, you know?  Thanks in advance!

Okay I got what you mean, I'll try my best(32x32 with armor and robe is not easy to make XD) but give me some time to complete, cuz I only have time to work on this at night only. I'll try to complete it as fast as I can ^_^

Take as much time as you need.  I'll only be using them for a testing portion of mapping/questing/etc just to see how I am at mapping and making this flow/balance out before I work on my real game.  Then I'll use the Inquisitors tiles and sprites, and there's a TON to choose from there, so I'll have a wide variety. 

Do you know how to put in your own map tiles, like replace them in the Client>GFX folder, but then I get an error and it won't work….  You may not know about this, but that's fine.

Erm  :huh: This is weird, if you gonna use my sprite just for testing purpose, I think you should just use default RMXP sprite or just use the Inquisitor's sprite all the way.

To put your own tilesets, make sure you rename it Tiles0 to Tiles9 and it must be a bitmap(.bmp) picture. If you still got error, I think maybe it was too big. Just make a separate tileset(256x8224) in one file.

Yeah…. I guess so.  I was thinking about making two games there for a little while, and then I realized my stupidity at thinking that... soooo thanks for the offer!

And I did rename/reformat the pictures so that they are bmp and tiles0-tiles9.  I still get an error, but the pictures are still smaller than the original files.... so maybe they all need to be the same size?