Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

In regards to Torrents

symphonia117

Are we allowed to post links to torrents that contain copyrighted material such as games so long as the point that they must own that game else it is illegal for them to download the files?

I was just wondering.  I'm not sure if the Eclipse forum's have any sort of disclaimer or something concerning the content posted by users.  Considering that many of the tiles and resources are copyrighted and Eclipse users use them saying that they are for "test" purposes, I was just wondering if torrents to such things would be acceptable as well.

Technically it should be alright as long as there's something in the user registration terms and conditions or a disclaimer saying users take responsibility individually for content posted.  And so long as it's emphasized that it is only legal to download a torrent that contains files that you already own, I see no problem.

I'm asking mainly because I just got a copy of the original Fallout and it wouldn't install on Windows XP properly.  Even when you enabled Windows 95 compatibility you still needed to apply numerous updates and patches as well as unofficial mods to fix the bugs.  So I created an installation program that came with everything pre-fixed and ready to go for those who have XP or Vista and own the game but can't figure out how to install it properly.  I was just wondering if Eclipse is a suitable place to spread this torrent around.

Well, now I'm just rambling about what will potentially be a shot-down idea.  So I'll stop now.  Thanks for those who bothered reading all the way through.

~symph