Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Wood-Like Texture

Antidote

I'm creating a wood-like texture for signs in my game. I am able to make smaller wood texture, but on a larger scale (300x100).  Does anyone know any methods that would help me to do this?

I've tried putting down a basic color, then putting in smaller dashes sporadically of slightly lighter and slightly darker colors, but it ended up looking…bad.  Possibly a wood texture like this one would be nice:

![](http://www.freemmorpgmaker.com/files/imagehost/pics/c41346b4ce2ab4acac070fa49860ab90.gif)

Thanks in advance!

Hahahahahaha.  It's not mine, it's the login screen from Maplestory.  I wish it was mine, though.  I'm looking as to how to create a wood texture like that, but I'm not sure how to do it.  It might not be possible with my mediocre pixeling skills, but it's still the style that I want to go for.

Oh I was assuming you were using photoshop. Anyways it's pretty easy, I'm not sure if GIMP has a stroke option but I just started off with a square shape that had a Brown and Dark brown gradient. I added stroke using the blending options in photoshop and I just tried to make it look more like wood by erasing some of the edges. Google search wood texture and just paste it in and set it to overlay. Lower the opacity to your liking and done ; )

Awesome, the only thing I can think of atm is a tileable piece of rope.  A thin piece of rope for in-game and a thicker piece of rope for the GUI.  It's totally up to you, though, if you want to. 

Don't want to look like a beggar, ya know.