Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Can not connect to server

Spykid

Ok, so basically, I have a dynamic ip. I know this so I check every day if it has changed. However, when it last changed, I did what i normally do and copied into the config file. However. When I run my server, every no and again it will say that my account does not exist, and then will proceed to close. I then try to switch it on again and it works. But, I can no longer connect to it, nor can anyone else. I can go in local mode but the point is I am running alpha tests, so local mode is not good.

Hope it can be fixed…

~Spykid

Theres multiple options… 1 can be use hamachi for connections if your game isnt really "big" 2 can be to check your modem and router settings. If a router has an option for dynamic or static IP you may try bridging the modem so full control is left to router for settings and letting the router hold a static IP for you... and the last option i can offer is use No-Ip As long as you have your no-ip setup it wont matter what your ip changes to because people will only need the no-ip address to connect which goes directly to whatever IP that address is being hosted from. Hope this helped!