Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Custom Menu Question

Synectics

I leaped away, only to get sucked back with another question. XD

I was wondering if there was a method to check what picture a player clicked. HOLD ON! HOLD ON! I'm not speaking of the Clicked_Index… but to check the actual file name of the picture.

Meaning, when the player clicks on a picture, first we check the Clicked_Index, and then, check what picture the Clicked_Index is actually showing. If it is "icon01.bmp", we do ____. If it is "crazyawesome.bmp", we do ____.

You can also check for the menu title using getplayermenuclicktitle(index). no?

Call CustomMenuShow(index, "Menu Title", "\GUI\CUSTOM\picture.gif", 1)
Call CustomMenuLabel(index, 1, "Check it out!", 20, 50, 10, 0, 0, 400, 20)
```
menu_title = getplayermenuclicktitle(index)
If menu_title = "Menu Title" Then
    If Clicked_Index = 1 Then

End If
End If

```
Not exactly what you asked for but since you will always have one manu title per menu picture, right?

Reference: http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=7458.0

Yes, and that is my first check. But I'd like to go even further than that.

Basically, I'm making a contextual menu to graphically show spells you have learned. This means that the first thing the menu does is draw the icon for the spell in your first spell slot.

This means that the menu title will remain the same everytime you call it, as will the picture's index. However, the icon it shows will change depending on what the player has in each spell slot.

I'd like the player to be able to click the icon, and have another menu show a description of the spell – based on what icon is showing.

With the way I have things set up, I suppose I can create a work-around for this, and in fact, as I'm typing this I'm seeing the code in my head (anyone else love when that happens? ^_^), but I was curious as to if there was a method for what I've already mentioned above.