Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Egg+Stuff on Toast

Khachaturian

So I'm home alone with my little brother, and I have to make lunch.
I'm not in the mood for delivery, sandwiches, or hotdogs. So I made this.

**You'll need :**

- 1 egg
- 1 slice of sandwich bread
- 2 slices of sandwich meat (Sliced ham, bologna, etc)
- 1/4 Green pepper
- 1 Mushroom (Or two small ones)
- Dash of pepper
- Cooking oil
- Bit of cheese (One of those Kraft slices or whatever should do
- A bit of cilantro, or some garnish if you want

-Frying pan, small to medium
-Toaster
- Knife
- Cutting board (I just did it on a plate)
- Spoon to measure (Soup spoon, not too large though)
- Spatula (Plastic, as metal damages the frying pan)

- Plate
- Fork, Knife, etc

=========================================

**Preparation :**

_I did the preparation while cooking, but its always better to have things ready._

1\.

Slice the mushroom into thin slices, and then cut each slice into 2 or 3 pieces.

2\.

Cut the green pepper into pieces around the same size of the mushroom pieces.

If you are not using the kraft singles, then cut your cheese into slices, and then into pieces the size of the mushroom pieces. If you are using crumbly cheese, then when it I tel you to put it on the egg just crumble it on.

4\. Have a plate ready with the 2 slices of sandwich meat, and the egg.

=======================================

**Cooking it :**

Oil up the frying pan, I used around 3/4 of a soup spoon,
Put it on the element, turn the heat up to around medium, and put the sliced green peppers and mushrooms into one side of the frying pan.

After a few minutes, the oil should be pretty runny, so crack the egg and put it in the other side of the frying pan (Make sure the two sides don't mix). Take care not to damage the yolk.

Move the mushroom/pepper mix around, sprinkle a bit of pepper on it.

3\.

When you can slip a spatula slightly under the egg, pop the bread in the toaster, put it on high and turn it on (So it comes out hot, if it starts burning, take it out and put it in at the end so it heats up).

4\.

When you can slip the spatula under the egg fully, and the egg yolk looks less fluid, sprinkle the cheese onto the egg, The toast should be done by now, so take it out and put it on the plate, then put two slices of meat on it. Take the egg out with the spatula carefully, and place it on the egg. The cheese should be semi melted. Then put the mushroom/pepper mix onto the egg. Sprinkle the garnish (If any, I didn't put any).

5\.

Enjoy!

It's simple I know, and it probably won't fill you up (On my first attempt it didn't work out, so I tried again, and the second one filled me up. To make two you'll probably need two frying pans, one for the mushroom/pepper, and another for the eggs.

You can put onions, sliced garlic, sliced olives, etc into the mushroom/pepper mix, its just thats what I had on hand.