Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Dot hack tilesets and sprites

dmgpkk

Hello now i would like some help with dot hack tileset i dont have any so anything will help i also need sprites for all the cast of the games r1 and G.U. and i would like dot hack link cast sprites to but that might be asking to much i suck at making them so anything will be a large help to me and i looked on google but all i could find was sprites from dot hack//chat and i dont really like them thanks in advance if anyone needs more info bout dot hack i can put a link to help

If you cannot find usable tilesets or sprites on the internet, I doubt anyone here will be willing to do what you can do yourself. I don't mean to sound rude dude, we all start somewhere!

But do yourself a favour and make it a learning experience. Rip the graphics yourself if you have to, and I'm sure people would be more willing to help if you already have done some work.

Cheers!

Nayte

thanks i will try to find some to rip are there any tutorials you thank could help me learn more bout making my own sprites and or tilesets i really do want to learn how to do it i just cant never understand using diffrent shades of a color to make it look better thanks again

Honestly man, practice really does make perfect at Pixel Art. I am by no means an expert, and I learn something new with every tile I make. The nice part about pixel art is that all it takes to erase something is a simple left click.

Check this out: [http://www.hongkiat.com/blog/pixel-art-tutorials/](http://www.hongkiat.com/blog/pixel-art-tutorials/)

And if it helps you get better at your line art, just use pillow shading for the time being until you can accelerate your knowledge with light sources to make things less symmetrical.

Also this helped me a lot early on: [http://www.natomic.com/hosted/marks/mpat/](http://www.natomic.com/hosted/marks/mpat/)

With the above link, the softening outlines specifically was a huge find for me in my early stages.

In the end, it's all about practice. Create your own style. As long as the palette makes sense and the line art is good, you'll have a good base to play around with.

Cheers!

Here is my 1st attempt at kite from dot hack the 1st sprite were he is standing still i tried the softening outline i did notice that softning outline is what i need to work on the most i only did the first one with it cuz i feel i should work on that a little more before i try to do it for my game i thank its pretty good since my sprites use to have football heads well here is the pic [attachment=1141:kite001.png]

Not a bad start man :)

Think about using some more colours in your palette, and dont worry about line softening yet. Black outlines are completely okay - it all depends on your desired style.

Also for use in Eclipse with a 4 frame animation, you only need 4 frames (obviously) and it works best if you have it like so:

Stand Still ::: Step Downwards Left ::: Stand Still ::: Step Downwards Right

Stand Still ::: Step Left w/ Left Foot ::: Stand Still ::: Step Left w/ Left Foot

Continue the pattern with moving Right coming next, and moving UP after that.

It will smoothen out your animations.

Also, after you feel like you've made progress on your shading and line art, make sure you focus on angle of your Point of View. Your sprites would look nice on a platform game, but not so much on an RPG that is angled like the typical view of an Eclipse game.

All make sense? Keep it up bud! Looking good.

Nayte