Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

The Godstones-Hoster needed/Scripter Needed. Large and fun project, lots of work

Zyvo

Game Name: The Godstones
Game play type: Fantasy/Epic Adventure
Era game takes place: Around Earth year 102,012

Story:
About 100,000 years ago, There lived mortals on many worlds. Most lived in towns where kings still were living in castles and normal citizens were in small huts.
However there were a few races who had evolved much quicker. To lives where they could freely roam the galaxy.
Even still, most of these people were friendly, wanting to make allies for wars ahead. Some had concurred many planets.
However there existed one race who called themselves "Ancients", mainly for their divine wisdom and advanced technologies, who had made many laws that they expected all the races of the galaxy to follow.
Most races hadn't a problem with their laws, but one did. They believed that a war had been started as soon as these Ancients passed the law called, "The Mortal Law."

This Law stated that "Mortals could never become Immortals, and any who tried would be killed for attempting to do so."

This race who opposed the Ancients called themselves the Filacks. One day, in secret, 100 of their people had attempted to "evolve" and 80 succeeded. However even in secret the Ancients found out and had killed them all.
After this Punishment the Ancients had fulfilled, the Filacks decided to go in a full out war, revolting against the Ancients for trying to completely rule their galaxy.
At that time all their people had undergone a transformation and evolved into a mighty being they called the Sangine, named after a creature who lived on the planet who fed on blood.

One war party of 10 people had successfully reached the Ancient's Ancient Sanctum and found 10 stones of mighty power and took them to prevent the universe's demise and split the stones among them.
However they had not known that the stones had powers that rivaled their own, It transformed them back into their Mortal bodies.

When the war ended, It is said that the Sangines and the Ancients had a trust that they would both have power over the Galaxy the 10 Sangines who had the Stones would become Kings of several hundreds of planets each, and the Ancients would act as a group known as the Counsel and would make sure to keep the Sangines in their place. An Equal balance and yet a powerful rule.

And so the 10 Kings, Centric, Val, Aer, Deamon, Baal, Mavric, Leon, Lucas, Zelis, and Xenia would Control hundreds of planets whilst 20 Ancients made sure they don't get out of place.

You begin your journey on a world known as Axxetir working on a farm near Centric's Castle as a slave.
–------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Game story brief description:

Basically you start off as a slave working for a farmer, Eventually you must find a way out of slavery(Quest) and find freedom. After doing so, you find that the world Axxetir is no friendly place.

This story is about a group of heroes who have been awakened into a destiny that is in a prophecy, known to only a few people, called "The Prophecy of Demons."

As you embark on a journey from world to world, you will be challenged by countless creatures who want nothing more then to rip your guts out. Not to mention your trying to kill the 10 fiercest beings in the whole Galaxy.

Also, As you progress, you will learn more and more about past experiences of some of the stories main people, the history behind this "Ancient war" and lots of other things that will leave you questioning till the very end.

This game will be modified to allow save-portals to better the experience.
–------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hello,
My Name Is Zyvo. (Alias)

I've been working on this game for some time now, and I've decided that It's about time I could use some help, weather it be mapping or scripting. I need help in a few of these categories.
–--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please Note: This game will be released in sections that we will call Chapters. There are 4 chapters in the complete game and this is the smallest chapter. Anyone who wants to help can quit after the chapter’s release or you can continue on till you get bored or see it till the end of the 4th Chapter.

What I'm looking for

Some of the Help that I could use is: (Listed in importance order.)

Hosting: 1 (Currently looking myself)
Scripters: 1-3
Map Artists: 1-2
Anime Artists: 2-4

If you could help in any of these categories that would be a big help.

–----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As for the actual game, here’s what’s complete:

Mapping:         8% (16/200 maps complete)
Scripting:         0%
Artwork:         0%
Items: 100%
Quests & storyboard: 100%
Monsters         10%
Layout 51.5%

Announcement for Release at 90%
(Not up to date)
–----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Maps I've done

If you want to see some of the Maps I have done, Here are a few:

http://www.freemmorpgmaker.com/files/imagehost/pics/c3b01d653d0d716d2a1320d37f5debb6.jpg
http://www.freemmorpgmaker.com/files/imagehost/pics/00b9041cc441c38964fe7cb9683331ce.bmp
http://www.freemmorpgmaker.com/files/imagehost/pics/50e2c2ac005c51ea13495b726bb6b878.bmp
(I'll add more)

Features:(Most likely by Release)
NPC to NPC interaction.- meaning that there will be cutscenes where two or more NPC's will be communicating to each other, either just for liesure or while fighting. Also included in this will be a profile picture.

NPC click to talk sys.- Meaning instead of having to walk up and attack to talk to an NPC rather you can just click on them.

Pop up NPC Chat boxes.- Meaning when you talk to an NPC you will get a pop up window allowing you to do multiple things from one easy to use menu.(ex.: Quests, Shops, etc.)

Animated landscapes.-Things will be flying through the air (cant hit them, cant touch them nothing.) and other things will be happening near the Chapter's End.

Scripted Boss Battles.- This includes Bosses, Sub-bosses, Epic Monsters, etc.. Basically, the further you go into the game the more monsters you'll find that have probably been scripted.

Save-portals: Yes, I know "Not very MMO-like" but It keeps you from getting stuck in places.

Extras:

Lots of quests

Free travel-able galaxy (max(by the release of the 4th chapter) 25 planets(over 5000 maps by 4th chapter.), including Earth.

Player Char Preview

Great Story-line (will get you hooked, and you'll probably have favored NPC's.)

Lots of Boss battles- Will keep interests up in between the few Grinding levels.

Friends lists, Favored Party lists & Boosts- Friends with preview for char and player level.

Leveling skills- most skills have 20 levels, which allow them to grow stronger and allows for many different character customizations.
–-----------------------------------------------------------------------

www.TGodstones.webs.com

Please make a profile on the site and once You join my Team, I’ll Make you a moderator which will allow you to see all the non-public information.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
As for contacting Me, Well I suggest contacting me via Email, You can contact me at [email protected]
That would be my quickest response area anyways.

If you want to help Please note:
There will be Credits at the end of each chapter, so You can either have your Real name in there or an Alias.

I'll always Be watching this site for any PM's too.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Here’s who I have working with me now: (I’ll update this.)

Hoster:
None.

Map Artists:
Zyvo
Masterbit

Scripters:
None.

Moders:
None.

Anime Artists:
None.

Total people: 2

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All 4 Chapters:

Chapter:         Title:         App. Release Date.

Chapter 1-         Centric ???(Game Demo)                  (Max lvl 12)
Chapter 2-         The Prophecy Some time in 2010                (Max lvl 40)
Chapter 3-         Demons         Some time at the end of 2010 (Max lvl 90)
Final Chapter- Time         2011                                    (Max lvl 100)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note to reader: This Story is not a copy or a fan-made game of anything. Henceforth I have to say that this story has been created from my imagination.

Edited: January 23, 2010

Edits:

I've edited the game's story a little from the original.

Added a brief description of the game as a whole.

Made important areas in big lettering.

–-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
What's to be expected from the Finished Chapter:
–-------------------------------------------------
Chapter 1: Slaves
---------------------------------------------------
Level Min/Max
1  /15

Difficulty: Easy
Boss Difficulty: Normal

Classes Available: Slave
2nd Classes: None