Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Multiple questions regarding Eclipse Stable

Rathalos888

I'm just going to list any problems I've experienced thus far here. If any of you could answer them, that would be great.

1\. This one is pretty important. It's regarding speed and magic. Whenever a player gets a point, if he spends it on speed, he gets a magic point. If he spends it on mgic, he gets a speed point. In the shop it will say a weapon has a speed requirement instead of a magic requirement and vice versa. Yet when the player buys the weapon it goes back to what it should be. As you can imagine this is a big problem, so if anyone could help me out with this one that'd be great.

2\. If I use the party system, I get a server RTE 10 everytime I get a kill. This goes away when I turn off script errors, but I have a feeling somethings wrong.

3\. Also with parties, if I'm in a party and we kill an enemy, when tat enemy respawns it will look like it has low health, but when you hit it it's health goes back to normal.

4\. Is there any way to change the text box graphic and how long the text appears on screen?

5\. Do midi's not work in ES?

6\. This is more of a general eclipse question, but whenever I update GFX or sound or GUI or anything, players must re download the new client. Is there a way to speed this up?

7\. Another general eclipse question, does the amount of people you can hold depend solely on your ISP, your router, and your computer?

I may have more quesions but this is all I could remember this morning. like I said if you could please answer some of these questions that would be great. Thanks!

EDIT: Even moar questions. Sorry guys >_>

8\. The default Guild gui doesn't seem to work. Would replacing it with an EE guild screen fix this issue?

9\. What does the speed stat do?

10\. Whats SP? 

MOAR EDIT: 11\. how do I change the amount of points a player earns from leveling up?

1\. This requires a source edit. I'm pretty sure that it's been fixed, though, so make sure you get the newest version.
2\. & 3\. The party system is very poorly done in Eclipse, and I wasn't able to find out the causes of some glitches, especially the enemy respawning one. Luckily, I released a tutorial on a brand new and much better party system yesterday. You should consider replacing your existing one with it; however, you'll need to edit the source: http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/smf/index.php/topic,63566.0.html
4\. The text box graphic can be found in the Tiles10.bmp file, and how long text appears on the screen requires a source edit.
5\. I don't use Eclipse Stable, so I wouldn't know, sorry. I believe there was some trouble with them, but I thought that the problem got resolved.
6\. You can set up a patcher that automatically updates files for players. Check this out: http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/smf/index.php/topic,58493.0.html
7\. The amount of people your game can hold depends on your computer, internet speed, and the engine you use. If you have a great computer and internet connection, but your engine is the default Eclipse Stable without WinSock, you can't hold much more than 10 people on your game without it crashing.

I hope that helps!

@Rathalos888:

> Well this sucks :(. I learned in the shoutbox that ES 1.0 files aren't compatible with ES 1.3\. Great. Guess I'm sticking with 10 players max then.

Or switch to 1.3 because some of your issues are solved in 1.3