Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Super Paper Mario Online

Hello all!

Ok so I figured I can't really post this in W.I.P. because I do not have enough of the game accomplished to meet the requirements of posting there…ANYWAYS

My game will be called Super Paper Mario Online. I can't just name it Paper Mario Online for obvious reasons...:rolleyes: It will be true to the Paper Mario Series. "MEANING ITS ALL IN PAPER." I plan on using Paper Mario sprites, but enhancing them to a newer style of coloring. "The Mario games on the DS" I have already started on some characters and have decided that I they will be recolored with the "Bowser's Inside Story" pallets.

The concepts, characters, and everything you love about a Mario game will stay true to the franchise. I am only going to make a few exceptions in regards to the main story lines and plot. After temporarily getting hooked on Super Mario War, I figured that it would be a good idea to have a game based around PVP. There will still be a major story line and plenty of other things to keep someone busy, but I believe that having players level up, obtain the strongest items, battle, and have major bragging rights, is a good new style concept for a MORPG.

Being that PVP is the major structure to the game, there will be an abundance of positions to eventually fill in order to keep up with the constant battling. I plan on having a team that will devote a lot of time not only in updating and advancing this project, but being in the game working on the social aspect of it.

I also plan on having regular players play a big part in the game. There will be a select few who will actually be in charge of certain things, and it will be up to them to make the right decisions not only for them but for their entire domain. (For example: being that this game is built around PVP, there will be a couple major guilds who will have rivalries with one another. I want to see if I can rely on players to be the head of an entire guild and take responsibility for those under them. I also wanna try to have a "social pyramid" based ranking having the main guild leader at the top acting as a king, and having sub divsions as the pyramid goes lower with other leaders, so on and so forth.) However, this among other things is soley a theory as of now.

So in conclusion, I am making a Paper Mario based game that will stay true but also have original concepts. I definately don't plan on making the characters Mario, Luigi, Peach, etc. There will be fields, dungeons, bosses, etc. in order to level up and become strong. However, that will not be the main purpose to the game. In theory I want to make it so that regular players could possibly run the game one day. Thus deminishing the powers of admin and making the game more player friendly, and making it less likely for admins to misuse their powers. (Basically all admins eventually will only be there to map, and take care of serious matters). I plan on having a diverse world filled with variation, with some hidden features to make the game have all kinds of secrets.

That is pretty much my game in a nutshell (Mr. Planter size nutshell).

Let me know what you guys think. Comments, questions, advice....

P.S. I know making a fan game is risky. I also know that Mario games have been tried a lot. There are a couple of successful games and I know that this will be one of them. I plan on taking my time, doing a lot of research, and putting a lot of effort into this project. I promise when I release the W.I.P. it will be full of information rather than a crap load of paragraphs lol.

@Chu: thank you! I could possibly use your help in the future so I may take you up on that offer closer to when I begin major development.

@uniserver: thank you. I really appreciate it! I hope to make a game that tons will enjoy.

"the mario bros" is a pretty vague concept  :rolleyes:. As I said, I know there were many attempts at making a mario fan game, and there are some successful. However I assure you that this will be unlike any mario game out right now.