Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

About Rich Textbox and other text objects

mitlark

Well, I am on the "alphablend chatbox" stuff now, and I already did the alphablending to the picturebox that contains the chatbox (a Rich textbox). But now, of course, I can't use the blending with the rich box directly.
–~~--
Last thing to say, I'm using the Alphablending API. Of course, after doing all of this, for performance sake I will add a little option to enable/disable the "effect".
```
'As a filler, met with the AlphaBlend API x'D (if you haven't).

Public Declare Function AlphaBlend Lib "msimg32.dll" (ByVal hdc As Long, ByVal lInt As Long, ByVal lInt As Long, ByVal lInt As Long, ByVal lInt As Long, ByVal hdc As Long, ByVal lInt As Long, ByVal lInt As Long, ByVal lInt As Long, ByVal lInt As Long, ByVal BLENDFUNCT As Long) As Long
```
**Q: And SO, the question is…**
A: That I'm kind of stuck by now x'D. I don't have ideas to workaround it or something. Using labels is a no, and TextBoxes leaves me in a similar position.
"Can you help me?" can be the question.

So, that's my question, thanks in advance,
L'ark Mitsinikos

Sorry for doubleposting, but I answered myself D:. When you don't really take a good look at the already posted tutorials you make questions that you can already answer (not exactly) by yourself.

Although my method is ugly, I need to say it D:U. I still appreciate any contribution to the topic.

_What I did is using the RichTextBox transparency (like SamuGames said/did on his tutorial). The problem is that when the chatbox picture is redrawn, the text is "erased". So I put some refresh instructions here and there. That's why is ugly!._

Thanks,
L'ark Mitsinikos