Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Target help

shonist

Well hello everybody ^^ !

first i have to say .. I Speak spnish lol XD :P so.. pls try to understand me ^^

im new in this type of games.  and.. when i start.. i make the game.. UNTARGET .. the targen when i spell a cast… so.. you click de npc or user.. CAST the speell.. and then.. you have to click again :D

i wanna this .. and i have this buut.. i wanna to UNDRAW the target.bmp.. because. you cast the spell... in the chat say : "you dont have a target" buut.. the user cant know that cause the .BMP .. still drawed on the CHAR... i think its not hard understanding :S .. thanks :D

noonno… ... its VERY HARD WHEN YOU DONT SPEAK THE LANGUAGE  XDDD !!

mi server :

YOU CLICK TARGET

.-.-

You CAST SPELL

TARGET = NONE
BMP = TRUE
..................................... this is okeey :D I want thiis.. .after you CAST.. the target LOST... disspear

xDDD

lol this is hard emm..

I wantthe bmp = false

SOO.. when you click de NPC OR USER.. the BMP appears.. and then when you cast the spell disapear ^^

oh my god i dont undeseran faqin nothing xDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

in my server.. when you atack with spells.. the target LOST… then you have to click AGAIN to cast other skills...

but when you cast the spell the TARGET " DISSAPEAR" = ( THIS IS OKEY) BUT.. THE BMP. DONT DISAPEAR

Ok, I finally understand LOL.

Have you edited the source at all? Because I just checked this on my own engine and it keeps the .bmp there, but the npc is still the target. I will try to find the code that handles this for you though.

EDIT:
I *think* I have found the code that handles targeting if the NPC is still alive after the spell has been cast.
Look for```
' Set the NPC target to the player
        MapNpc(mapNum).Npc(mapNpcNum).targetType = 1 ' player
        MapNpc(mapNum).Npc(mapNpcNum).target = attacker
```in modCombat, Sub PlayerAttackNpc. Make sure it says that.

Sorry if this isn't the code, I am rather drunk and tired haha.

emm.. im using eclipse origins 1.5 i guess..

emm

i cant find that code : / yeah i understand you …
but its not only with the npcs.. with user too :B... emm rigth.. when i cast spell the bmp keep drawed.. and i wanna to erase this .bmp when i cast the spell ^^

go to rest man :D ... i hope you enjoy the party (? xD

I am busy doing stuff, so no sleep ;P

Ok, so you want to get rid of the bmp? As in make it so the NPC/Player isn't targeted anymore?

Add in the code I posted above, but change it to```
' Remove target
        MapNpc(mapNum).Npc(mapNpcNum).targetType = TARGET_TYPE_NONE
        MapNpc(mapNum).Npc(mapNpcNum).target = 0
```

Give that a shot and let me know if it works, I am just working with what I know at the moment.

i can do nothing.. soo.. this line fou post here… make the target =  0... i already have this u.u

oh i have 1 idea.. :B when you click a npc already targeted.. the .bmp turns gray... where is the line who make this???
cause i can make the server when you cast spell the bmp turn gray. this gonna work u.u

The problem with that code is that it's not erasing player's target, instead is making NPC to forget his own target.
–~~--
Look for this in modCombat:
```
TempPlayer(I).target = 0
TempPlayer(I).targetType = TARGET_TYPE_NONE
SendTarget I

```If you mimic that stuff, the player target will be reset when you do anything. Just remember to replace "I" (without quotes) by the player index, I don't know, probably it will be just "index".

Good luck,
L'ark Mitsinikos