Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Stat+level mod spell scale to specific damage form mod

SpiceyWolf

Ok if the title wasnt clear enough, this is a tutorial for Anyone that used mmearrccii's Adding specific damage formula for each spell mod and wants to have a spell scaling mod mixed with it… also teaches how to make your own spell scaling formulas for people with/without the damage calculator
Also teaches spell scaling for AoE spells  :)

The place that helped me learn this... is McAdams Int/level affecting spell mod.

OK first off... normal part with the vitals calculation in damage calculator looks like this

```
If Spell(spellnum).Special > 0 Then
        Select Case Spell(spellnum).Special
            Case 1 'Fire Spell
                Vital = Spell(spellnum).Vital + (GetPlayerStat(index, Intelligence) * (10 * GetPlayerLevel(index)))
            Case Else 'Anything else
                Vital = Spell(spellnum).Vital
            End Select
    Else
    End If
```
The only parts that are important are the vital = (whatever information is there already)

in a vanila copy i think theres only one vital mod…

So how this works is firstt set all the vitals to the base mod u want(what it multiplies for as a base example being the player level times 8 or something and thats only mod u want..., u put the player level index code  * 8 (any other mods its just finding what u want it to multiply by or add too... its just making a simple math problem ud do in algebra or something... set up how ud need it in a calculator.. its simple to think of in your head how a calculator would take it...) ANYHOW you can leave it as that(OR you can make a second level mod... which is like the MCadams tutorial kind) which is

```
vitals = vitals +/* bla  'replace + with / for divide, - or * for whatever u want...

```
Put this above the vitals code u first had <–
ok thats the same thing as the last mod except it takes that whole origional code which the engine uses in its final copy... and tells the engine the final copy vitals are going to be vitals(the code below u first edited or chose not too erm w/e) and adds yet another calculation on to the vitals below.

now for every area of the damage spell mod u have to have that above the vitals... cuz fire spell is one case...  then it has if its not the fire then its just base vitals(no mods to it... if u want mods still u have to add them to that directly... still post the vitals = vitals bla above vitals = (base code)

to the best of my knowlege(correct me if im wrong) within those cases the bottom unmodded vitals is only damage types... and after case ends... and theres that lonely vitals thats unmodded still outside of that all (within the damage mod) is all other spells outside of the damage type... same concept still applies.

To make that for area of affect spells... just replace vitals with AoE and its the same tutorial...

For people with the single vitals area ... its all the same except that vitals affects everything vitals does... theres no separation between types of spells (fire non fire and healing ect... need i go on?)

For people who need a lil more by visually seeing a code that has these applied its below.

```
If Spell(spellNum).Special > 0 Then
        Select Case Spell(spellNum).Special
            Case 1 'Fire Spell
                Vital = Spell(spellNum).Vital + (GetPlayerStat(index, Intelligence) * (4 * GetPlayerLevel(index)))
            Case Else 'Anything else
            Vital = Vital * (Player(index).Level * 2) + GetPlayerStat(index, Stats.Intelligence) * 3
                Vital = Spell(spellNum).Vital
            End Select
    Else
    Vital = Spell(spellNum).Vital
    End If
    AoE = AoE * (Player(index).Level * 2) + GetPlayerStat(index, Stats.Intelligence) * 3
    AoE = Spell(spellNum).AoE
    Range = Spell(spellNum).Range

```
Once again… credit to McAdams and mmearrccii for their tutorials and code... i only take credit for explaining how putting that bit together worked out for custom vitals >.>

If i missed something, something is unclear, or i went by too quick and made something incorrect please let me know so i can fix this... i want to help with anything i can...

```
        Select Case spellnum
            Case 1 'Fire Spell
                Vital = Spell(spellnum).Vital + (GetPlayerStat(index, Intelligence) * (10 * GetPlayerLevel(index)))
            Case Else 'Anything else
            End Select

```
this is a better way to do the vital calc for each spell, I don't see the point in checking if its Special. =P