Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Parthinia needs a team

II CZ II

parthinia is in need of a team to get it off the ground.

**Story**

>! Coming soon

**Classes**

**Assassin**

>! Assassins are skilled in the art of the Shadow Blade. Using their Stealth Skill, they can mask their presence and surprise their foes in battle. They can equip light armor.

**Warrior**

>! Armed with a sword,axe,or spear, the Warrior deals an excellent amount of damage in close combat. They can equip themselves with plate armor.

**Summoner**

>! This class is skilled at cursing their enemies with debuffs and can summon monsters to their side to aid them in battle. They can equip themselves with Cloth Armor.

**Priest**

>! This class possesses a variety of strong Healing Spells, Defensive Spells and Buffs. They can equip themselves with cloth armor.

**Archer**

>! The archer is skilled at disrupting and killing their enemies at long range. They wear light Armor to augment their quick reflexes.

**Mage**

>! Committed to the study of Chaos Spells. They use a variant of Destructive Spells to lay waste to their foes. They can equip themselves with Cloth Armor.

**Screenshots**

>! ![](http://i54.tinypic.com/wjh2dc.png)
>! My horrible mapping skills haha(Sprites i hope are going to change and maybe tilesets too)

**Team**

>! Founder:Me
Mapper:Me,Open,Open
Scripter:Open,Open
Paperdoll Editor:Open,Open
Sprite artist:Open
GUI artist:Open

**Jobs**

>! Woodcutting
Mining
Fishing
(More coming soon)

It's a bit of critique, you better get used to hearing it. It's a fair warning that with cliche ideas you will have a very hard time forming a team, attracting players, and even completing the game. You need something that makes your game different. When you plan out a game, you need to ask yourself "How does this make my game different from everyone elses?" "What is the appeal that my game has that others don't?".

I'm going to play Devil's advocate here, but it needs saying.

1.) **There's no storyline**
EVERY game needs one, it's central. Without a story there's no point to it.

2.) **The NAME?!**
The name sounded Roman-Greekish and that's what brought me here. I thought it would be a decent idea, but you have nothing to solidify this. Make some custom Greek sprites and tilesets and practice mapping in a Greek style.

3.) **The classes are yawn**
I honestly only skim-read part of the Assassin before realising that you've just done the classes that EVERYONE has.

4.) **It's lack lustre**
It looks piss lazy. It's as though you downloaded EO, made yourself admin, decimated a default tileset and threw it's screaming remains all over the screen.

If you're looking for inspiration, delve into some history books. You could use Oracles, Centurions, Sages, all sorts as classes (Not all strictly Greek, but who cares?). Get some place names from Ancient civilisations and add a magical twist to them. Make quests from ancient myths and re-use forgotten dieties. Mix it all up et voilá, an original and solid 'swords and sandals' epic. Writing the game is the easiest bit. Just pick a theme and stick with it.

@Aeri:

> I'm going to play Devil's advocate here, but it needs saying.
>
> 1.) **There's no storyline**
> EVERY game needs one, it's central. Without a story there's no point to it.
>
> 2.) **The NAME?!**
> The name sounded Roman-Greekish and that's what brought me here. I thought it would be a decent idea, but you have nothing to solidify this. Make some custom Greek sprites and tilesets and practice mapping in a Greek style.
>
> 3.) **The classes are yawn**
> I honestly only skim-read part of the Assassin before realising that you've just done the classes that EVERYONE has.
>
> 4.) **It's lack lustre**
> It looks piss lazy. It's as though you downloaded EO, made yourself admin, decimated a default tileset and threw it's screaming remains all over the screen.
>
> If you're looking for inspiration, delve into some history books. You could use Oracles, Centurions, Sages, all sorts as classes (Not all strictly Greek, but who cares?). Get some place names from Ancient civilisations and add a magical twist to them. Make quests from ancient myths and re-use forgotten dieties. Mix it all up et voilá, an original and solid 'swords and sandals' epic. Writing the game is the easiest bit. Just pick a theme and stick with it.

I like your idea and i think i'll do that..Thanks for the help

**Class Ideas**

**Gladiator** - Fights with swords, whips and tridents, and usually wears leather armour with plates of Ferreus metal, renowned for it's lightness and sparkling properties, it is often used to distract enemies.

**Klepticus** - Lives life on the edge, often having to steal to eat. They gain money from assassinations and are hard to pin down. They fight with bows and crossbows, and wear dark cloth armour to stay unnoticed in the shadows.

**Thanamagus** - These foul people use black magic to corrupt the bodies of the dead. They fight with yew-wood staffs and never show their faces.

**Iasimagus** - Silent and enigmatic healing people. They wear white and pale blue to signify their powers. They travel worldwide and never stay in a place for longer than a week.

Classes really aren't hard to make. When I threw these together I just referenced a million ancient Greek words, Ferreus - Iron, Klepto - to steal, Thanata - death and Iasi - heal. ^^ Just expand on these :)

Because I'm too busy digging through the Eclipse Admin team's bins and writing vague histories of everything and anything I find. So far I've found out that Renzo and Yami have a child, the leg of whom was removed in a tragic firework accident, Gwen is the Queen and Robin is a gay android.

It's suprising what you find when you make half your story up :)

I can do some writing here and there for you when I'm not busy with my own project. It shouldn't take too long :)

I think you should really look into your game. Take advice from these people but, don't be stupid about what advice they give you. If you are really sincere about this game then at-least draw up a story line. Work on it. Make your own classes. I recommend not using Aeri's, not that they aren't awesome, just an idea stealing confrontation might occur.

You seem like you would really like to make a game and have it out there. Though it also sends us signals that your not up to doing a lot of work. Maybe if you did a bit more on your game your would find an excellent team.

I am with you Aeri, I thought it sounded Greek to me.

@Annahstas:

> …just an idea stealing confrontation might occur...

Nah, I wouldn't start arguments over something I wrote for someone. I tend to have loads of ideas swimming round in my head, so I do writing parts for other people's games because fitting them into a single game would result in a mixed up hodge-podge of work.

Since it's an Ancient Greek MMO, you could do something completely different to everyone else here with the storyline, break the mould. As far as I'm aware no-one's done any yet.

As for an class-unspecific storyline, you could steal some ideas from the Twelve Labours of Heracles. You know, the character being the result of an affair, so his 'mum' made him crazy and forced him to murder his wife and children, leading to such remorse that he searched for redemption in twelve ungodly labours. Make it really dark, twisted and gothic.

I might type some up tommorow, but it's four in the morning in Franceland and I need coconut ice-cream :)