Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Sprite box?

nilly70

I know this is kind of an odd question so sorry if it makes no sense
i've been trying to put my own sprite's in my game, but I was hoping that there was some thing I could download so I will know where that invisible box is!
as you can see I cant figure out where this sprite is suppose to be

PS: all of the other's kinda fit in the box but they dont walk right!
thank you for taking the time to read
Nilly70

What I do is keep a grid template with rectangles alternating between two colors, then use an image editing program that supports layers (Paint.NET or GIMP, usually) and position the sprites on a layer over the colored squares. Then I just color in the empty space on their layer a single color and save it as .bmp to the sprites folder. o.o

If that's what you meant.

I'd like to try a new program but I cant figure them out lol, kinda stuck with the old(paint)
frustrating how the layer thing works in (sumo paint) so I dont use that anymore :/
after that I kinda figured they were all the same.

this is a sample of how big mine are
btw, plz tell me if you all know why my people all walk wrong people walk wrong?

The engine (not being modified) automatically takes the dimensions of the sprite sheet (in pixels) and cuts into 4x4.

So if you had a 100x200 sprite sheet it will create an "invisible box" in the size of 25x50 and everything thats in that box will show up as a sprite in your game.