Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Server ip?

darkserver

@darkserver:

> how would i change the ip on the server,  when i changed it in the client i thought it would be the same.

I suggest you dont!

However open your server in VB > Press CTRL + F type: IP it would say 127.0.0.000 or something idk

and change it..

What i do suggest is port foward first, then open youre server in VB CTRL + F type PORT and change the port to an open port.

Now go to google type No-ip and make an account and go to myip.com to find youre ip. Mask it with NO-IP

and go to client folder, config > change port + ip to youre masked ip. Give it to a friend and done.

If done correctly youre game is now online :)

@Captain:

> Dark, you do know that VB6 is something you need when using EO 2.0…
>
> Otherwise you just have a standard game without any additional scripts

Nope. That doesn't equal a necessity. If you can make a game without it it's not needed. Also, your previous post doesn't make much sense to me.

darkserver: You don't "change" the server IP. You change the IP the client is connecting to in config.ini. Check the link blkcrow posted ([here is it again](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/smf/index.php/topic,68370.0.html)).

The IP you are seeing on your server is your internal IP. Players connect to your game with your external IP. (Check that using this http://www.ipchicken.com/ )

You can't change your internal IP so even if you did change the IP you see on your server, it would completely mess the whole system up and it would be impossible to use. You can change the port on the server in the .config file.