Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Poke'World Online looking for programmers to help with features.

Whitepinkbun

Hello everybody my name is Hayden, friends call me Peddles. I am 22, Live in Australia and am a full time cook. Engaged and soon to be Dad, I am very interested in learning coding and becoming as much of a part of this community as i can.

Now to the point :) I am using EO 2.0 and I am working on a game in my very limited spare time (couple of hours a day) and am looking for some help in the coding as I have limited time to learn VB6 Coding. I have made plenty of mini games in gamemaker and had decided to find a engine for making a online game to play with all my friends who live far away, and others who wish to play of course. I found this wonderful forum with the best open source MMO maker I have seen with weeks of searching. I have been playing around with it for half a year now and am finally starting work on my actual game.

My game is called Poke'World Online it is a Pokemon game where you play as a Pokemon however it will have a much more mature target audience (Blood, actual death of npc etc). Humans have all but been killed by a war between Pokemon and humans the legendary Pokemon have become unstable and must be stopped before the world is destroyed in a dungeon instance like setting. All my friends, myself and those who help me enough will be aloud to choose there favorite Pokemon (within reason) and that Pokemon will be locked for them alone to play. Possibly the shiny of that Pokemon and possibly a legendary Pokemon depending on your contribution. I can not pay for help I make enough to pay for what I have and support my family and that is all.

Features I have managed to add thanks to many tutorials in this forum:
    - Pet system (For substitute moves etc)
    - Quests
    - extra/different equipment slots
    - new GUI, Transformation spells (For Evolving :D)
    - Friends list
    - chat/movement options
    - Recipe items (transmutation)
    - MP3 Support,

Features I'm yet to implement but shouldn't have a problem with:
  - Water - usable only by water types
  - A HP cost bar for spells so they don't just use mana but also HP

Features I'm having problems with implementing are:
    -Buff system (for moves like sword dance etc)
    -Spell to increase movement (agility type move)
    -Stats changed to a more Pokemon like stats (attack def S.attack S.defense etc etc)
        a little more on this Attack:basic dmg with auto attack. Defense:reduces dmg from auto attack.
        S.attack:Increases dmg with special attack moves S.defense:Reduces dmg from special attacks.
        Speed: how quick you auto attack. Accuracy: Chance to hit with attacks (possibly harder to hit
        higher lvl targets)
    -A spell DMG type for dmg hp spells and a weakness resistance system for Pokemon types.
    -Giving Pokemon an attack and cast animation preferably with a new sprite sheet not by editing
        the existing one and changing the programing to be part of it being as adding 400+ Pokemon
        sprite sheets with my attack / cast animations will be much easier then editing the 400+
        existing ones.
    -Changing tile set from 64x64 to 32x32 (not necessary but would make my life easier)
    -Idle sprite making the 1st and 3rd slot of a sprite on each row be a idle "animation"

I apologize if any of my grammar spelling etc is off but i just worked 14 hours and it is now 10 am here lol…

I would upload screenshots but there is not much to show being as I am mostly working on the programing until I am happy the engine has everything people may want.

So please respond with any tips or guides i may have missed that could help or to let me know you will come up with a way to implement any of these features or even if you have any ideas as to what i could add to this game it is all appreciated.

<3 peddles.

• 3 weeks later...