Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Star Trek Online

RyokuHasu

I was thinking of making a thread about this, and trying this out. I've heard the ground combat gameplay sucks but the space combat is fun, and I like the little stuff like managing crew rosters and the like.

One thing though, how constrained are you by your specialization? Like I've heard Science captains are good for PvP (especially if you're Federation), but not that great in PvE. My main issue with MMOs in general is the class gameplay structure; it's good for streamlining certain aspects but I've always liked being a jack-of-all-trades character and don't like getting locked into a limited repetitive gameplay style.

Well I haven't personally used a science officer yet, and PVP gets really one sided once you max your rank.

However I can say that the STO space combat is very nice, I use a ship that was made for an engineering player and those are built like tanks, they are hard to kill and can repair quickly. The Tactical ships are destroyed easily but they have massive fire power to deal a ton of damage before they go. And the Science ships can do many fancy trick lick Gravity wells, or viruses that mess up ship controls, Science ships are easily hated for the fact they fuck with your mind and control more than blowing you up.