Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Eclipse Gaming (Name debatable)

Link

Lately I've been hinting at a few ideas I've been working on, as I haven't been directly involved with updates on the website due to my work schedule and other projects related to the success of Eclipse. I'm ready to discuss those plans among the staff team now before releasing it publicly on the site.

Eclipse Gaming is an ideal behind re-branding the website, but not so much as completely changing what we do here at Eclipse. Soon Eclipse will no longer be ran as just an indie site, but an actual company. So what does "Eclipse Gaming" have to do with this? It's a sponsorship program that I'll be launching soon that will branch from Eclipse the idea is to sponsor up coming promising developers and players who stream and or record creative videos of game-play. This project already has investors with me being the founder and CEO leading it. The investors and I have already been conducting meetings, creating business plans and layouts as well as reaching out to a wide variety of publishers and networks.

Eclipse Gaming, we'll sell apparel ranging from shirts, sweaters, caps and more. Our top sponsored clients will receive minor apparel for free for fan giveaways and the ability to give out discount codes to their fan base. Our methods of generating revenue will be through our shops, ads, and a percentage from our sponsored players (Very small percentage) and a percentage of all revenue will be given back through charity. It's time to revolutionize what Eclipse Origins was, a laughing stock. 

We have investors, but we've also already gathered a couple of popular streamers and YouTube commentators alike. The expected launch date is set at 8/30/2015 of course we expect there might be minor set backs, this being the reason it has not been posted publicly. I'm already in the process of having the logo branded on clothing, I'm also having a small quantity of gear imported from China including gaming head sets, pc controllers and more, made possible by the investors and I. Each streamer and commentator of course will be expected to go into a contract with us, this being for the safety of both sides. 

The next portion of this discussion is Eclipse Engine/ Eclipse Origins as a website and the mission of the staff. I hope you guys have not forgotten what your roles are and soon this will become a much more serious environment to an extent. Things will need to be handled in a manner of professionalism of course we're all still hobbyist here for the time being so there's no real pressure among y'all, but if you're going to assume a title here make sure you're enforcing the rules and guidelines. You've done a great job thus far and I think the summer has started off great.

Eclipse Origins or Eclipse Engine will of course always have indie development as a target, but soon I hope to get away from the idea of just multiplayer games and really allow the members to choose different portions of creativity with development, I no longer want Eclipse to limit itself or the community. I expect soon the community will grow as I have even more things going on behind the scenes. Be prepared, I don't think this site will ever be the same.

This is a rough draft and put simply the idea is to create a network to help developers and players in general.

Regards,
     Link