Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Getting started

luv2speedzz

**Hello Everyone here :)
New to here and i have null experience in coding/game development , i am looking to make a cool 2d turn based MMORPG game , i can work hard on it … I need to know the process and the methods to make it ..
1.Which software to use
2.Learning the tutorials of it.
3.Designing the characters/map/skills/questlog
4.Making online accounts.

Many more question arises as i think about it .
If Any1 can help me with it , i will be thankfull :)
Regards !**

1\. Eclipse Origins V2.0
2.Just take a look on tutorials
3.Hire a graphic artist
4.Open Server then open client register and you have made an account,to get your game online and ppl to play it you need to portforward if you have a router.

Why did you posted this here and not in Question and Answers?

P.S. to make it turn based it will require a lot of coding ,if you you are not a programmer,then hire one,if you are a kid and have no money then just use what you have and don't complain.

And try first to take a look on the official tutorials on this forum.

Good luck !

@Lumiere:

> 3.Hire a graphic artist
>
> P.S. to make it turn based it will require a lot of coding ,if you you are not a programmer,then hire one,if you are a kid and have no money then just use what you have and don't complain.
>
> And try first to take a look on the official tutorials on this forum.
>
> Good luck !

#3 is pretty much wrong. Yes graphic artists are capable of producing GUI and all your graphical design needs, however how that relates to them automatically capable of Designing the characters/map/skills/questlog is beyond me.

And when something requires a lot of code, your only option is NOT to hire someone to do it for you. That may be your method, but not for everyone else. You can also choose to LEARN the language and thus produce your own game mechanics. It's not an easy task, but if you wish to create a game, you must know the language and how it operates. Don't bother getting into it, if you're not willing to learn. There is a plethora of tutorials on here that can help you learn the basics, and once you have that down, the rest will flow.

As for the rest of your questions, the forum has a great search function where you can certainly find what you seek, study them and you should do fine. Everyone can start with a great idea, but the will to learn is not what everyone seems to grasp.

For #1 it was failed to be made clear that you will need Visual Basic 6 (VB6) to edit anything in the coding of your game. This is NOT NEGOTIABLE!

you either have the program so you can make edits or you hire some one… OR just download a custom version.

@Ryoku:

> For #1 it was failed to be made clear that you will need Visual Basic 6 (VB6) to edit anything in the coding of your game. This is NOT NEGOTIABLE!
>
> you either have the program so you can make edits or you hire some one… OR just download a custom version.

Use Jaxx's System. It has every useful for feature for newbies.