Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

New hobby. Meet Alaska.

Mal

So I quit programming and started riding (amongst other things, hehe).  I love my life way more now. ;)

Finally got a GoPro and decided to upload a vid.  Haven't had a chance to work on camera angles and all that, but there's definitely time to get everything perfected before break up when I'll be out there multiple times a week just ridin' my YZ250F or the YFZ450R.  

Two things to note.  Riding a sport quad in those types of conditions will beat you up.  I stopped and got off for a few minutes because I wasn't going to risk going any further solo until mid January when the river is frozen solid.  Still pretty sketch out there.

Second, that friggin' trooper was WAY closer than what he looked to be in the vid.  All I heard was an engine revving behind me and when I turned to look back I totally missed the plane and then heard it in front of me.. When I turned back forward I had a big ass tail wing in my face.  When he passed the people I stopped and chatted with his damn near dipped his right wing into the drink.  Bush pilots are friggin' crazy.

If it's still showing 360p as the only resolution then I dunno.. I uploaded way better quality.  :(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Fm0bc3nqi4

@'GalacticGlum':

> Can't you program as well? :D
>
> But in all seriousness that looks fucking awesome! I wish you the best of luck.

Yeah, I can still program, but I don't even enjoy it anymore. Just too exhausting mentally and I work a fairly stressful day job (lead at a manufacturing plant); riding gives me a fun outlet and it kicks my ass depending on how hard I ride. I usually ride WFO (wide f'in open), but no studs and that's snow, ice, and silt.. Lol.

@'Marsh':

> Looks hella fun, glad you found something to do out there.

It is! Can't wait to show it all off in the Spring/Summer when it gets REALLY fun and beautiful.

PS. Looks like youtube finally decided to make the 1080p version available. :)

This is me to Matt:

> [15:31:38] BeNjO MacCallaugh: ah ye I watched
> [15:31:46] BeNjO MacCallaugh: hes like oh em gee its broke
> [15:31:46] BeNjO MacCallaugh: fml
> [15:31:53] BeNjO MacCallaugh: gets a razor out to end life
> [15:31:57] BeNjO MacCallaugh: plane flys over
> [15:32:00] BeNjO MacCallaugh: of f**k off ya c**t
> [15:32:01] BeNjO MacCallaugh: drives on

@'BeNjO':

> This is me to Matt:
>
> > [15:31:38] BeNjO MacCallaugh: ah ye I watched
> > [15:31:46] BeNjO MacCallaugh: hes like oh em gee its broke
> > [15:31:46] BeNjO MacCallaugh: fml
> > [15:31:53] BeNjO MacCallaugh: gets a razor out to end life
> > [15:31:57] BeNjO MacCallaugh: plane flys over
> > [15:32:00] BeNjO MacCallaugh: of f**k off ya c**t
> > [15:32:01] BeNjO MacCallaugh: drives on

Lol! Something like that. But no, I have a slow leak coming from my crankcase drain bolt from it being over tightened by Yamaha so I tend to keep an eye on that side of the engine.

@'coffeeraptor':

> Nice. I have a couple motorcycles myself. It's important to mix it up. Keep the rubber side down! :)

Yeah, for sure. YFZ's are NOT easy to trail ride. Lots of throttle control and body English. Beats me up every time I ride it. My YZ250F? Soooo friggin' kush. I could ride that thing for 8 hours and still keep going.

And yessir, always rubber side down! Got another hour+ long video coming up. Adjusted the camera angle. Should come out better.

@'Colonello':

> Wow this looks so awesome! It never snows where I live so it's great to see places like this.

Yeah, wait until I post vids from the coming spring and summer. Hopefully breakup comes early this year and I can start riding the YZ around mid March.