Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

New Eclipse Admin

Socuine

@‭‭‭Marsh:

> I want to make it more obvious that this is ready to use engine. The main page does not make that inherently apparent. I also want to release the source and compiled as two separate versions to be more helpful to newbs. The extras section will get a upgrade. Any advice is welcome. I will see what Socuine wants to do and figure out a gameplan.

Focus on the closed source aspect like you say, offer demo content either in the form of youtube vids or online games. Average person will spend roughly 5 seconds on this site to determine whether this is the thing they want to use or not.

@‭‭‭Marsh:

> I want to make it more obvious that this is ready to use engine. The main page does not make that inherently apparent. I also want to release the source and compiled as two separate versions to be more helpful to newbs. The extras section will get a upgrade. Any advice is welcome. I will see what Socuine wants to do and figure out a gameplan.

Finishing off the tutorials section:

@Tutorials:

> Section 2.0 - Editing your game
> TBC

I don't need this, and most people on the forum don't, but if you want to make it more newb-friendly, this would be a big help.

Congratulations to Socuine!

@Synergy:

> Finishing off the tutorials section:
>
> I don't need this, and most people on the forum don't, but if you want to make it more newb-friendly, this would be a big help.

Socuine is more of a designer guy. jcsnider or I would probably be better fits to finish the tutorials.

@Socuine:

> Oh noes, what is this?
>
> ![](http://www.burstingforce.com/eclipse/img/new_forum_preview.png)
>
> :o

Pretty sure your not supposed to advertise other forums no matter how poorly your advertisement is… Lol

Anyways After sharpening that up, I think it looks pretty good, but the logo reminds me of another one...I just can't remember which one.