Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

New Eclipse Admin

Socuine

Hey Eclipse!

Hopefully most of you know me, and if you don't, I'm Socuine. I am 22 years old, live in The Netherlands, and have been designing for years now. It's something that I love to do, and something that I will never stop doing.

Those that do know me, see me hanging around the Show Off section, in the Project Boards, or the new WIP project, Cinder. I've created several logos for various members of these boards, and offered extensive help to those who, like me, enjoy to try the more creative art.

So most of you probably clicked this link to find out why I became Admin, so I'll get to that now. Along with design, I also can code websites. I put a proposal through to Marshy Dearest, and i'll be redoing the site and forums skins to match Eclipse's fun, light-hearted and casual attitude. I look forward to serving you as an Eclipse Admin.

Thanks for reading.

Best regards,
Socuine

I want to make it more obvious that this is ready to use engine. The main page does not make that inherently apparent. I also want to release the source and compiled as two separate versions to be more helpful to newbs. The extras section will get a upgrade. Any advice is welcome. I will see what Socuine wants to do and figure out a gameplan.

We need something like the past website where it had a legit website with links to helpful recources and such, then the forum is seperate.

Warning - while you were typing a new reply has been posted. You may wish to review your post.

^I agree with above post.

@‭‭‭Marsh:

> Yea a resource section would be helpful. Not sure how many people actually used it when i had it.

When I was first looking for a engine I used the actual website more then the forum.

@Socuine:

> Eclipse's fun, light-hearted and casual attitude.

WTF YOU SMOKING!!?? Fun yea… light-hearted.... ummm what... casual lattitude???

am i missing something here?

Anywho now i know why your name is red. congrats. hope th enew site is even cooler than this one

I'm really excited to see the new direction you're taking the project as well as the community, Marshy Dearest. I'm sure it will be a success.

Maybe this would be a little too much of a challenge, but I think it would be great if you had a page dedicated to projects beyond the forum. What I mean is, a page where a member can post there game into a game database, post updates from the page etc… Anyone registered on the forum could have a total of 2-3 projects allowed and anyone can view the game pages. In there you can let the owner toggle a switch displaying the server status and obviously post game screens etc...

I think that would be a great enhancement to the website, but I also know that wouldn't be a simple task.

EDIT:

Game Maker has something similar, a bit more advanced but you get the jist of it.
http://sandbox.yoyogames.com/