Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Dead Society

vaaron

Ill start off by saying, i know im going to get alot of flaming, and bashing, but please keep in mind im "WORKING" on this project. also it may be done on a VB engine, but im working with all fresh code and its only me working on this at the moment. I'm posting this for the ideas and to get a better community look on it.

Note: There are alot of upcoming zombie mmorpg's out there. But the reason im pulling this one to the public has a huge reason. All the zombie mmorpg's out there are high spec. and require a really high end computer or internet to play.

Dead Society is going to be the name. I wanted a name that would fall into the game style itself but not mimic any other game. below is a starter Screenshot. its still in the works and needs ALOT of work. please help and comment if any.

![](http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q84/vaaron/DeadSocietyAlphaDevelopment.jpg)
This is a Bare Screenshot of Dev. Stages

![](http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q84/vaaron/Car.png)
This is an updated picture of more what the vehicles will look like, instead of the design of the truck in the above shot.

ATTN: Please leave any feedback, it would help me develop a game worth playing.
Also, I would like to comment, if anyone is willin to join my dev team. Send me a MSG on here. We will have a website up shortly for all the tech issues and developers.

The one thing I don't understand is the obsession with post-apocolyptic styling in zombie games. You think zombies eat bricks? What if the game takes place soon after it started? Buildings don't simply fall over in the presence of the undead.

Thats kinda what i was thinking also, the main reason for all the rubble and such is BC of looters and all, i was going to make it more run down and such when the game actually had more players like, the players where doing all of it, i was also thinking about implementing the resource feature with a really long respawn time on the resources so it would make the players more or less create the run down cities and so forth.

i expect to add better GFX and Features into it to make it more Community worthy. but as of right now its more or less a skeleton of the game in the works.

@Chief:
I suppose things, moving into chaos constantly, won't be repaired/maintained as they normally are; however, I think the cities end up looking like shit too quickly. It takes hundreds/thousands of years for the structurally organized to become structurally shit.

@MrMiguu:

> I suppose things, moving into chaos constantly, won't be repaired/maintained as they normally are; however, I think the cities end up looking like shit too quickly. It takes hundreds/thousands of years for the structurally organized to become structurally shit.

I agree with ya there, btw MrMiguu outstanding engine you have. im currently using it on this one. but im still trying to implement a few things like event system and friends list…

@vaaron:
Thanks! I'm glad you're enjoying it. I've been slacking recently since I'm at a loss as of what to do with the obscure animation/glitch/thingy, haha.

The only thing I could do now to the engine would be to make items drop on ground. I kind of like them in the air. I know it looks weird, but it gives the engine character. They only end up in the air if a player is in the air and drops an item. Then it becomes a fun challenge for other players to try and jump up to get the item.

Well what i did to make them fall to the ground was just re position them  to the bottom of the Green Squares and then put the same properties as the characters inertia and such. it took me a little bit but i managed…