Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

[Sky] Way to screenshot entire map?

Colonello

Hey everyone, I know older engines such as EO 2 allowed for the ability to screenshot the entire map. As of EO 3 I have not found any engine that includes this feature. I made a topic about this back when I used EO 3 but I figured I should check for SW too. Am I missing something or does it not exist here either? Regardless, does anyone know a good way to create a screenshot of the entire map besides taking dozens of screenshots and stitching them together?

Skywyre has the feature programmed in already (just do a search for Screenshot), so it's very easy to implement a button to call that feature.

HOWEVER.

The feature doesn't… work. Yeah, it'll take a screenshot of the map with all the proper proportions and whatnot, but the output would just be a blank area. I've been trying to figure out how to fix it for weeks, but to no avail.

It's actually very easy to implement a screenshot feature for a DX8 engine. I wrote one in a couple of minutes sometime ago. Although, autotiles were broken in the screenshot but that's an easy fix.

I'm busy right now but when I'm free I'll clean it up and release it.

@'PD':

> It's actually very easy to implement a screenshot feature for a DX8 engine. I wrote one in a couple of minutes sometime ago. Although, autotiles were broken in the screenshot but that's an easy fix.
>
> I'm busy right now but when I'm free I'll clean it up and release it.

That'd be great, actually. :P

@'PD':

> It's actually very easy to implement a screenshot feature for a DX8 engine. I wrote one in a couple of minutes sometime ago. Although, autotiles were broken in the screenshot but that's an easy fix.
>
> I'm busy right now but when I'm free I'll clean it up and release it.

Awesome! Looking forward to this. :)

You can follow the tutorial at this link -> http://www.freemmorpgmaker.com/thread-154-post-938057.html#pid938057
It'll allow you to screenshot either the entire rendered screen or the map.
For screenshotting the map, just create a new RenderTarget texture and render your map to it. Then, save that texture using SaveDirectX8SurfToFile or SaveDirectX8TextureToFile. This allows for exporting to .jpeg, .bmp or .png
Another way to accomplish the same thing, without the use of modAdvTex.bas, is to use the SaveTextureToFile method in the Direct3DX class. Though, textures can be exported ONLY to .bmp files.