Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Triad Entertainment is recruiting!

Gahduvdeth

Triad Entertainment is a small development team that has been in existence since 2014 (but under a different name at that time). Until recently, it's mostly just consisted of myself. But now, our tiny team is looking to add a couple more members!

Our current project ([The World of Akria](http://www.triadentertainment.net/the-world-of-akria)) is currently in development, and has been in development since about May of 2015\. As it currently stands, there won't be any monetary compensation, although that may change at some point in the future as we finish/release this project, and move on to other projects.

My personal schedule is this: almost every weekday (Monday through Friday) I wake up at about 7am CST. From then until about 3 or 4pm CST, I have time to dedicate towards working on game development. After that, I have to leave for my actual job.

If you're interested in joining the team, please feel free to contact me through the forums, on Skype (iamquantum) or via email ([email protected]).

At this stage, we're looking for VB6 programmers and pixel artists, but will consider filling other roles as well.

*****UPDATE - 04.01.2016*****

We're currently pushing to find pixel artists! The pixel art must be of a somewhat gritty art style (unlike many of the cutesy art styles found around the forums). An example of what we mean by "gritty" is included here.
![](http://i.imgur.com/Qlj4Zei.png)

*****UPDATE - 04.01.2016*****

@'Exception':

> You should probably be more specific about what exactly is needed.

_Passion_ is one aspect that is always appreciated. If someone plays The Underground and loves it, we'd likely love to talk to you. From individuals who would like to be a little more involved with QA to those who have full knowledge of VB6\. Of course specific programmers and artists are always needed, but if one doesn't have these skills it doesn't mean you should turn around and walk away :) If someone is interested in contributing to the project we'd be happy to speak with them about what capacity they, themselves, hold. I'm happy to teach basic mapping skills, for example, if someone is interested in mapping.

@'Kilath':

> @'Exception':
>
> > ~snip~
>
> ~snippier~

You, uh, completely missed my point.

There's no information on what the programmer/artist would be required to do, if at least, initially. What systems should the programmer be expecting to make first? What graphics are needed? That kind of thing.

@'Exception':

> @'Kilath':
>
> > @'Exception':
> >
> > > ~snip~
> >
> > ~snippier~
>
> You, uh, completely missed my point.
>
> There's no information on what the programmer/artist would be required to do, if at least, initially. What systems should the programmer be expecting to make first? What graphics are needed? That kind of thing.

Honestly, passion is more important. Most skills can be taught and programmers are in a realm of their own. Having a pure desire to improve the game? priceless.

@'GalacticGlum':

> I'll have to correct you there. It's not going to be likely coded in C#. It WILL be coded in C# :p

@'Gahduvdeth':

> @'GalacticGlum':
>
> > I'll have to correct you there. It's not going to be likely coded in C#. It WILL be coded in C# :p
>
> Very well then, it's been decided.
>
> Our next project WILL be coded in C#.

Sign me up then? Or maybe I should ask if you guys were willing to work on another project in parallel and if you had a design doc ready to go. :)

@'Mal':

> @'GalacticGlum':
>
> > I'll have to correct you there. It's not going to be likely coded in C#. It WILL be coded in C# :p
>
> @'Gahduvdeth':
>
> > @'GalacticGlum':
> >
> > > I'll have to correct you there. It's not going to be likely coded in C#. It WILL be coded in C# :p
> >
> > Very well then, it's been decided.
> >
> > Our next project WILL be coded in C#.
>
> Sign me up then? Or maybe I should ask if you guys were willing to work on another project in parallel and if you had a design doc ready to go. :)

Weren't you quitting programming or something? lol

@'Growlith1223':

> @'Mal':
>
> > @'GalacticGlum':
> >
> > > I'll have to correct you there. It's not going to be likely coded in C#. It WILL be coded in C# :p
> >
> > @'Gahduvdeth':
> >
> > > @'GalacticGlum':
> > >
> > > > I'll have to correct you there. It's not going to be likely coded in C#. It WILL be coded in C# :p
> > >
> > > Very well then, it's been decided.
> > >
> > > Our next project WILL be coded in C#.
> >
> > Sign me up then? Or maybe I should ask if you guys were willing to work on another project in parallel and if you had a design doc ready to go. :)
>
> Weren't you quitting programming or something? lol

Quad is down; need to get the gearbox drain plug sorted out (helicoil installed). Too cold and too much snow to ride the bike. :(

@'Mal':

> @'Growlith1223':
>
> > @'Mal':
> >
> > > @'GalacticGlum':
> > >
> > > > I'll have to correct you there. It's not going to be likely coded in C#. It WILL be coded in C# :p
> > >
> > > @'Gahduvdeth':
> > >
> > > > @'GalacticGlum':
> > > >
> > > > > I'll have to correct you there. It's not going to be likely coded in C#. It WILL be coded in C# :p
> > > >
> > > > Very well then, it's been decided.
> > > >
> > > > Our next project WILL be coded in C#.
> > >
> > > Sign me up then? Or maybe I should ask if you guys were willing to work on another project in parallel and if you had a design doc ready to go. :)
> >
> > Weren't you quitting programming or something? lol
>
> Quad is down; need to get the gearbox drain plug sorted out (helicoil installed). Too cold and too much snow to ride the bike. :(

feels bad man ouch

@'Mal':

> @'GalacticGlum':
>
>
> @'Gahduvdeth':
>
> > @'GalacticGlum':
> >
> >
> > Very well then, it's been decided.
> >
> > Our next project WILL be coded in C#.
>
> Sign me up then?  Or maybe I should ask if you guys were willing to work on another project in parallel and if you had a design doc ready to go. :)

I haven't yet finalized this with the rest of the team, but I think we'll be sticking to one team-project at a time (since we're so small, and it'll help to channel our creative juices into the same project instead of spreading it out).

Unfortunately, we don't even have a GDD typed up for our C# project… that's literally all we currently know about: it'll be programmed in C#.

@'Gahduvdeth':

> @'Mal':
>
> > @'GalacticGlum':
> >
> >
> > @'Gahduvdeth':
> >
> > > @'GalacticGlum':
> > >
> > >
> > > Very well then, it's been decided.
> > >
> > > Our next project WILL be coded in C#.
> >
> > Sign me up then?  Or maybe I should ask if you guys were willing to work on another project in parallel and if you had a design doc ready to go. :)
>
> I haven't yet finalized this with the rest of the team, but I think we'll be sticking to one team-project at a time (since we're so small, and it'll help to channel our creative juices into the same project instead of spreading it out).
>
> Unfortunately, we don't even have a GDD typed up for our C# project… that's literally all we currently know about: it'll be programmed in C#.

You don't pick a programming language before you know the technical aspects of what you're creating. That's like driving at night without your headlights on.

@'Mal':

> @'Gahduvdeth':
>
> > @'Mal':
> >
> > > @'GalacticGlum':
> > >
> > >
> > > @'Gahduvdeth':
> > >
> > > > @'GalacticGlum':
> > > >
> > > > > I'll have to correct you there. It's not going to be likely coded in C#. It WILL be coded in C# :p
> > > >
> > > > Very well then, it's been decided.
> > > >
> > > > Our next project WILL be coded in C#.
> > >
> > > Sign me up then?  Or maybe I should ask if you guys were willing to work on another project in parallel and if you had a design doc ready to go. :)
> >
> > I haven't yet finalized this with the rest of the team, but I think we'll be sticking to one team-project at a time (since we're so small, and it'll help to channel our creative juices into the same project instead of spreading it out).
> >
> > Unfortunately, we don't even have a GDD typed up for our C# project… that's literally all we currently know about: it'll be programmed in C#.
>
> You don't pick a programming language before you know the technical aspects of what you're creating.  That's like driving at night without your headlights on.

Well I figured that since most of my team is familiar with both Unity and C#, it'd only be fitting to go with C#. We're not going to blindly choose some project that couldn't possibly be made with C#, only to find that we'll all be wallowing in a language we're not even familiar with.

We're choosing C# because it's what we're familiar with, and then we'll start working on the basic design of the project to fit within that scope. Nothing wrong with that, and I don't see how it couldn't work. Please explain.

I'll say that here at Triad we really take passion seriously. That means when most of our team is most comfortable working in C# we'll work mostly in C#. The last thing any of us want is to engage on a dev journey where we can't find the usual need for workarounds or other issues due to an unfamiliarity with the language. We'd rather provide our best in the language we know best than to pretend otherwise. Besides, limitations are huge in sparking creativity.