Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Help deciding on a style.

Zetasis

Okay, so pretty much, I am having some problems deciding on a style to go with. The original style is about 95% original work. I created about 99% of all the tiles and Dash created the orginal human character sprites(which I have add on to). On the other hand, I did pay for the second style and, honestly, the second style does look better.

I'm not sure myself. I almost feel like if I went with the second style then I kind of cheated myself but I also don't want to make a crappy looking game either.

Style 1

![](http://ascensiongamedev.com/resources/filehost/41e297aa7a68950f0b2dd4d3f5f9717a.png)

Style 2

![](http://ascensiongamedev.com/resources/filehost/7092eb7aa1742eef53096775cfa45e0c.png)

Honestly, I like the first ever so slightly better, but it really would depend on the music at this point, if it's like retro, simple but awesome music, the definitely the first, it it's more complicated and more stuff going on in the music, I'd choose the second. They're just so different but similar it's hard to choose.
I think 1 is slightly more relaxing in its simplicity, it's nicer; 2 is just has more going on, I'd be expecting a more exciting, action game. So if that helps you to decide then cool :) just think about what style game you want, and, I think, what sort of music you have as well

They are completely different looking characters. Who is this man? What is his background supposed to be? Since he is by the shore, is this a place he is normally around? Is he a fisherman? Is he poor, rich, moderately wealthy? When I see the first guy, I see a hard working, typical man who stumbled upon your body. He probably has a little shack nearby with very little to offer to the player. When I see the second guy, I see a man with a story far greater, he is more than a typical man. This guy possesses some prowess, is he a nobleman? If so, why is he alone? What is he doing out here?

Just some things to consider.

I am familiar with the graphic pack in the second picture. The Time Fantasy graphic pack is a great pack, but it is missing a variety of decorations, as well as missing a wide variety of monsters until the monster pack is released. Also the TOS might be an issue to consider.

I love the pack though, but I would vote for the 1st graphics.