Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

How would i make Delay in Logout?

Exxsamuari

how would you make somones charactor stay logied in 10 seconds after they exit?

i need this because in pvp if someone just decides to logout before they die and get away, or fighting a mob. thats crap lol

i have no idea where i might start this please let me know if you have any idea thanks.

Not sure how to do it but I do see a problem with having this.

what if you have a crappy internet connection and get disconnected from the server a lot?

It would suck to be fighting (or hell just walking around) and getting disconnected ( which is a pain already) then logging back in just to find out you died because something killed you in that 10 secs when your player was left in the world.

@DrAken:

> Not sure how to do it but I do see a problem with having this.
>
> what if you have a crappy internet connection and get disconnected from the server a lot?
>
> It would suck to be fighting (or hell just walking around) and getting disconnected ( which is a pain already) then logging back in just to find out you died because something killed you in that 10 secs when your player was left in the world.

I hear what you're saying, but that would be the fault of the player's internet. If a player disconnects constantly, then its hard to imagine why that person would keep playing. Yes, it would suck for the player to die and lose their items due to a connection issue, but the instant loggout can be abused in one way giving the player a massive advantage; he can avoid dying and losing items in a situation in which an NPC(s) or player(s) rightfully overpowered him.

Should be something similar to this, i just wrote this outside the IDE so i don't even know if it will work, nor if the syntax are correct. But you should be able to get the idea.

```
TempPlayer(attacker).LastCombat = GetTickCount + 10000
    TempPlayer(victim).LastCombat = GetTickCount + 10000
    TempPlayer(attacker).CanLogout = False
    TempPlayer(victim).CanLogout = False
```
Goes somewhere in the player attack player sub

```
CanLogout As Boolean
    LastCombat As Long
```
Goes in the temporary player rec.

```
For i = 1 To Player_HighIndex
        If Tick > Player(i).LastCombat Then
                TempPlayer(i).CanLogout = True
        Else
            TempPlayer(i).CanLogout = False
        End If
    Next i
```
Somewhere in the server loop.

Like i said, i doubt this even works considering i didn't even write nor test it in the IDE, but you should get the idea.

Regards,
General Pony