Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Dx8vb.dll Fix

Mr.LLoyd

If you get a dx8vb.dll error from trying to run the DX8 eclipse client or anything else you can fix it by downloading the dx8vb.dll fixer from here: http://www.dll-files.com/dllindex/dll-files.shtml?dx8vb The program is free, install it.The program will fix the error for you.Then you can uninstall the program if you wish and thats all.

> Then register it via CMD and throw it in the DIR and it should work. It's to risky running .exe's

You just have to register it in System32 or SysWOW64 (depending on your OS' architecture) using any method you want and leave it there. Doesn't have to be in the game's directory.

Ecto was right. The night EN 3.0 came out I was aout to smash my computer cause I kept getting this error, and I had the dv8vb.dl in the same directory as the .exe. It turns out I had to manually register the dll via comand promt in windows 7

Alright here's the simple way to register anything and it will work most of the time (might depend on your permissions though):

Place the DLL/OCX in your C:/Windows/System32 (or SysWOW64 for 64 bit users - if all else fails use System32).

Open up CMD and type:

cd C:/Windows/System32 (or SysWOW64)

Hit enter and then type:

regsvr32 nameofdllorocx.extension (change that to whatever the extension is for example dll or ocx)

That should work. It has nothing to do with it being in your game's directory but you do have to direct regsvr32 to the proper path.

> Alright here's the simple way to register anything and it will work most of the time (might depend on your permissions though):
>
> Place the DLL/OCX in your C:/Windows/System32 (or SysWOW64 for 64 bit users - if all else fails use System32).
>
> Open up CMD and type:
>
> cd C:/Windows/System32 (or SysWOW64)
>
> Hit enter and then type:
>
> regsvr32 nameofdllorocx.extension (change that to whatever the extension is for example dll or ocx)
>
> That should work. It has nothing to do with it being in your game's directory but you do have to direct regsvr32 to the proper path.

^ This.

Restarting your PC after you do that doesn't hurt either.