Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

New Site

Marsh

Alright guys, some of you may have noticed the new site by now. (If you haven't you blind as hell). I know this may seem like a big change to some of you but the implementation of a new forum was needed to truly bring Eclipse forward into the next generation.This new website makes it exceptionally easy to implement changes. This means more updates on the site and not just in the forum threads. The new forum should should be faster and more feature intensive.

Before everyone starts clamoring with things that should be changed this is a early release. This update took a long time and the final details are still being hammered out. If you see a issue you may pm me about it, but chances are we are aware of the problem and working on fixing it.

If you have suggestions about what to add I would be happy to hear them. You can pm me with your requests.Currently I have some ideas for enhancements to the site. In a effort to get the new site running they will happen over a period of time. I just stayed up all night converting the software so I am going to take a break. Socuine and Aero may make some changes in the meantime.

**New Features already implemented:**

File Host: The file host has been improved greatly. It is still as simple as ever, but now it should no longer time out or give incorrect errors. Get direct links to upload all your images or games.

Gallery: We now have a gallery to fill with the many resources littered through the forum. I have submitted a large amount of resources myself, but I would really appreciate it if we could all get together and fill the gallery. This will truly make it a amazing resource for everyone new and old.

Wiki: As many users have requested a wiki has been implemented. If you are looking for the tutorial page on the website this info is now in the wiki. Again if users could submit some tutorials or articles it would be incredibly appreciated. Even just porting existing tutorials and information to the wiki would be a great help.

**New Features Planned:**

Free Web Hosting (maybe)

Bring back the programming boards

Better Download Page

Suggestions by you!

**Todo:**

Re-add swear filters

Fix Download Page

Fill Resources / Wiki | You can help!

Get membergroup images working

Get frontpage accessing correct news articles

Tweak settings

If there is a feature you don't like or one you would like added let me know. If anything is glitching out or just cumbersome post in the thread. Anyway, its been a long night. The next few days will be a bit tougher as we will still be fixing all the tiny issues that have arisen. Please be patient.

Hope you all enjoy the new site.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> I like the look. Going to take a bit to get used to, but I like it.

Yea, same for me. I like this, but I will miss that green forum as well ![:D](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/community/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.png)

CodeBoxes don't display commented text correctly.

```
'If Difference > 4 Then

Player(index).Vital(HP) = GetPlayerMaxVital(index, Vitals.HP)

Player(index).Vital(MP) = GetPlayerMaxVital(index, Vitals.MP)

Call SendVital(index, Vitals.HP)

Call SendVital(index, Vitals.MP)

Call PlayerMsg(index, "Your last login was " & Difference & " seconds ago. Vitals refilled.", Pink)

End If

'...And set the CSD login to the file for next use.

Player(index).LastLogin = CSD
```

As you can see, it comments everything between the ' instead of just the one line.

I really enjoy the new site! Noticed a few things however.

(1)When I try to search the forums I get the following error.

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class ipsDriverErrorTemplate in /home/marsh99/touchofdeathforums.com/community/cache/skin_cache/ipsServerError.php on line 20

(2) I might be over looking it, however I don't see the "spoiler" option in the reply section.

> CodeBoxes don't display commented text correctly.
>
> ```
> 'If Difference > 4 Then
>
> Player(index).Vital(HP) = GetPlayerMaxVital(index, Vitals.HP)
>
> Player(index).Vital(MP) = GetPlayerMaxVital(index, Vitals.MP)
>
> Call SendVital(index, Vitals.HP)
>
> Call SendVital(index, Vitals.MP)
>
> Call PlayerMsg(index, "Your last login was " & Difference & " seconds ago. Vitals refilled.", Pink)
>
> End If
>
> '...And set the CSD login to the file for next use.
>
> Player(index).LastLogin = CSD
> ```
>
> As you can see, it comments everything between the ' instead of just the one line.

It's high-lighting it as a string, since the default programming language for code tags simply isn't Visual Basic 6.0.

Yours faithfully

S.J.R. van Schaik.

> It's high-lighting it as a string, since the default programming language for code tags simply isn't Visual Basic 6.0.
>
> Yours faithfully
>
> S.J.R. van Schaik.

That's what I thought, I just wanted to make sure they knew. I do wonder what the Default Language is, though.

I'm impressed. The new forum software and layout gives Eclipse a improved modern look. It clearly looks amazing! But what truly amazes me is that, after many years, Eclipse is still growing up as an engine and a community.

Congratulations on the new look! It's outstanding!

I've been waiting on this! I love to see Eclipse go through it's changes over the years, it's such a big difference from what we saw nearly 4 years ago.

Just have to go fix my spoiler tags, doesn't seem to allow the
>! code yet haha
>! Again, great work!
>! - Jake