Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

[RESOLVED] RTE 9

fireheat222

I'm getting an RTE 9\. Debugged server and the error is at this location:

Public Sub UpdateMapBlock(mapnum, x, y, blocked As Boolean)

If blocked Then

MapBlocks(mapnum).Blocks(x, y) = 9

Else

MapBlocks(mapnum).Blocks(x, y) = 0

End If

End Sub

No clue what this means any help is welcome. ![:)](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/community/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.png)

> .map files? where are they?
>
> I'm using eclipse 3.0
>
> No source edits.

Go into your data files, and go to the maps folder. Then delete ALL of files in the maps folder and try compiling again and tell me if it works. Also did you make any maps or anything or is this a FRESH copy, everything default?

> Well… I just copied the data folder from my EO 2.3 game into the data files in server. Is there some other way I'm supposed to use to transfer map files?

Yeah you can't do that. Eclipse 3.0 and EO 2.3 handle things differently.

Joyce, I know why it happens. From what I can find, when you decrease the map-size, and send it to the server, MapBlocks(mapnum).Blocks(x, y) is never ReDim Preserved, as a result, it attempts to use this array against an array that doesn't exist, although, it doesn't always happen, which makes me think I'm still missing something out…just haven't tested it yet. xD

I'm sure I pointed it out, if I didn't, I meant to, and just forgot. :3

~~You don't need to~~ delete your maps~~, just click-and-drag the yellow line whenever it happens for now, and lemme go find my fix, quickly.~~

EDIT 2: Actually, if it's from 2.3, to 3, you do, but UpdateMapBlocks is still an issue, anyway.

EDIT: In SaveMap, underneath "Put #F, , Map(mapnum).MaxY", adding "Call CacheMapBlocks(mapnum)" appeared to fix it for me. Haven't really tested it enough to say for sure, if I'm honest, so, just try it out. :3