Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Xeris Module Test #1

XerShade

So I made a quick little video showing off the early stages of the modular framework of the Xeris engine I am coding. The tests in this video were to show off module loading, and module dependency worked.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RtQpTREZ0hI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RtQpTREZ0hI

@'AcidTumbleweed':

> @'daxterxx':
>
> > That error was pretty cool i guess…
>
> He was showing off module dependencies. The font module required the sfml renderer module. When he commented out the sfml module, the font module threw an exception, so what you saw was actually intended.

Guilty as charged, was showing off how you can check for dependencies in modules. This will probably be used later for more complex things like sending game data over the network and stuff.

@'AcidTumbleweed':

> @'daxterxx':
>
> > That error was pretty cool i guess…
>
> He was showing off module dependencies. The font module required the sfml renderer module. When he commented out the sfml module, the font module threw an exception, so what you saw was actually intended.

No I know I got that….I was just giving him a hard time..

@'daxterxx':

> @'AcidTumbleweed':
>
> > @'daxterxx':
> >
> > > That error was pretty cool i guess…
> >
> > He was showing off module dependencies. The font module required the sfml renderer module. When he commented out the sfml module, the font module threw an exception, so what you saw was actually intended.
>
> No I know I got that….I was just giving him a hard time..

Oh, my bad - I had a similar initial reaction to the error and then I looked back at it and saw what was going on so I thought you did too  :angel: