Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Withdraw bug

willunited

Similiar topic is here: [http://www.touchofde…s-of-my-money/.](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/community/index.php?/topic/128955-engine-is-jealous-of-my-money/.)

Eclipse does have a small problem with overflow. Here's a fix which will **STOP** the player from gaining gold after a certain amount. Note that it will not put the overflow into another stack, which would be a better idea.

Server-side

Add (anywhere):

```

' Returns 0, if there is no overflow, or the overflow, if one exists. '

Public Function AddCheckOverflow(ByVal a As Currency, ByVal b As Currency) As Long ' Currency is 8 bytes, as opposed to Long's 4 bytes. ''

If a + b > 2147483647 Then ' 2147483647 = 2**31 - 1 '

AddCheckOverflow = CLng((a - 2147483647) + ![B)](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/community/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/cool.png)

Else

AddCheckOverflow = 0

End If

End Function

```

Then replace Function GiveInvItem with the following function:

```

Function GiveInvItem(ByVal index As Long, ByVal itemnum As Long, ByVal ItemVal As Long, Optional ByVal sendUpdate As Boolean = True) As Boolean

Dim i As Long

' Check for subscript out of range

If IsPlaying(index) = False Or itemnum <= 0 Or itemnum > MAX_ITEMS Then

GiveInvItem = False

Exit Function

End If

i = FindOpenInvSlot(index, itemnum)

' Check to see if inventory is full

If i <> 0 Then

If AddCheckOverflow(GetPlayerInvItemValue(index, i), ItemVal) <> 0 Then

ItemVal = 2147483647 - GetPlayerInvItemValue(index, i)

End If

Call SetPlayerInvItemNum(index, i, itemnum)

Call SetPlayerInvItemValue(index, i, GetPlayerInvItemValue(index, i) + ItemVal)

If sendUpdate Then Call SendInventoryUpdate(index, i)

GiveInvItem = True

Else

Call PlayerMsg(index, "Your inventory is full.", BrightRed)

GiveInvItem = False

End If

End Function

```

There are probably more errors like this.

Not necessarily an error, just people being silly and not understanding the bounds of a LONG value and various other ones(And nobody ever implementing a proper solution, but then again why would you ever have such abysmal amounts of gold in your game?).

Soul it is not working. MAX_LONG was undefined, i defined it in modConstants server side.

I am getting the overflow error at picking up currency from map, so how to fix it?

If i paste the same code into "Sub PlayerMapGetItem(ByVal index As Long)" i get undefined ItemVal error

> Soul it is not working. MAX_LONG was undefined, i defined it in modConstants server side.

Sorry about that, I thought I changed it everywhere but I must have missed that one spot.

> If i paste the same code into "Sub PlayerMapGetItem(ByVal index As Long)" i get undefined ItemVal error

You can't just copy and paste it around, it's not a general solution. Also all of these checks should be done server-side.

Anyway, in PlayerMapGetItem server-side, change:

```

Call SetPlayerInvItemValue(index, n, GetPlayerInvItemValue(index, n) + MapItem(mapNum, i).Value)

```

to:

```

If AddCheckOverflow(GetPlayerInvItemValue(index, n), MapItem(mapNum, i).Value) = 0 Then

Call SetPlayerInvItemValue(index, n, GetPlayerInvItemValue(index, n) + MapItem(mapNum, i).Value)

Else

Call SetPlayerInvItemValue(index, n, 2147483647)

End If

```

So here's a generalization.

Change:

```

Call SetPlayerInvItemValue(index, n, a + ![B)](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/community/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/cool.png)

```

to:

```

If AddCheckOverflow(GetPlayerInvItemValue(index, n), MapItem(mapNum, i).Value) = 0 Then

Call SetPlayerInvItemValue(index, n, a + ![B)](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/community/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/cool.png)

Else

Call SetPlayerInvItemValue(index, n, 2147483647)

End If

```

> Not necessarily an error, just people being silly and not understanding the bounds of a LONG value and various other ones(And nobody ever implementing a proper solution, but then again why would you ever have such abysmal amounts of gold in your game?).

I agree, but the engine should always be fool-proof, and not crash if someone was to manage to somehow exploit the game to gain that much gold, or if someone decides to add too much gold.

> but then again why would you ever have such abysmal amounts of gold in your game?).

2.1 Bil? I know runescape players with 1 Trillion. The truth is, the higher the number, it makes the player feel rich, and sends a subliminal message that makes them want to play more. That's why you would have such abysmal amounts of gold ^-^