Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Some questions about engine

Datoby92

Hello all, iam new here. Iam spent a lot of days looking for easy way how to make 2d mmorpg game. Iam really happy iam found this community and engine. I think iam ready to making my mmorpg game ![:)](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/community/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.png) But i have a some questions about engine.

What is server requiments for hosting and what OS i shoud choose for hosting ?

Exists any way how to make on my game PVP or PVP map ? Like a arena ?

Exist any webpages script like online registration or i must make it myself ?

Support engine mp3 formates or only midi ?

How to translate a game ? I didnt find any lang files at server or client folders

Exist any way how to make purchases for golds by a paypal ?

Sorry for my horrible english iam from heart od Europe Czech republic ![:)](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/community/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.png) and thanks for answers.

Any windows computer will do for hosting. Memory isn't really that necessary for an Eclipse game, and bandwidth is a more limiting factor.

To make a map PvP, go to /editmap > Properties > Moral: No moral.

There's no webscript, although it is certainly possible.

MP3 support can be added with this source tutorial: http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/community/index.php?/topic/128597-adding-mp3-to-eo23/

To translate Eclipse, you'll need to edit the strings in VB6 (Visual Basic 6, programming language Eclipse is written in). Note that VB6 does not, by default support UTF-8\. Some Czech characters, such as ř or í, won't work. You'll have to find a workaround to support it.

It's certainly possible, but it's not in Eclipse by default.

> To translate Eclipse, you'll need to edit the strings in VB6 (Visual Basic 6, programming language Eclipse is written in). Note that VB6 does not, by default support UTF-8\. Some Czech characters, such as ř or í, won't work. You'll have to find a workaround to support it.

Neither does Microsoft Windows support UTF-8, other than providing an API for converting that format to the formats it does support. Microsoft Windows offers native support for ASCII, and for UTF-16 LE since Microsoft Windows XP (Microsoft Windows NT and 2000 use UCS-2 instead).

I reckon that you meant to say that Microsoft Visual Basic 6.0 doesn't offer support for Unicode, instead of UTF-8\. The reason being that Microsoft Visual Basic 6.0 was released before Windows NT and its derivatives.

Yours faithfully

S.J.R. van Schaik.