Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Annoying bug..

DopeyBiach

I don't know how I've managed to cause this bug, any ideas on where to look..?

When an npc has been killed.. And the player leaves the map via death or teleporting the npc doesn't show to the player until the second time they return to the map.. The npc is there, as the player can attack it, and walk through it.. But can't see it.. This is only if they player elaves the map before the monster respawns. Any ideas LOL

The Npcs DO respawn.. Just seem to be invisible (only for the person who warped/died though) other players just see that person walk through the npcs the person who warped cant see.. It's a small but irritating bug, most likely caused by me, where do I start looking though lol? :L

(Sorry for double post then..)

> The Npcs DO respawn.. Just seem to be invisible (only for the person who warped/died though) other players just see that person walk through the npcs the person who warped cant see.. It's a small but irritating bug, most likely caused by me, where do I start looking though lol? :L
>
> (Sorry for double post then..)

Can you replicate the same issue with a default version of the event system with no source edits?

Omg I can.. Actually.

Edit:

Heres how..

Make a blank map with 3 npcs in the corner.. Make sure you can kill them very quickly..

Kill all 3 (making sure you have the admin panel up and ready) and warp to the same map the second youve killed the third..

Respawn the map, whatever, nothing apart from warping to that map for a second time gets rid of the bug.

You can still attack the npcs.. but cant see them?

Another Edit: Added to tracker.

• 4 months later...
It's still a valid problem - in fact, it's the exact same problem and it have been there since the topic started. Why make MORE threads when there is one describing the EXACT same problem? That's just stupid logic.

Unless you think it's better that people flood the forums with their the same problem regardless of how many topics or solutions there are about it already.

Someone must be good enough at VB6 must be able to help us out with this bug. Seriously, it's so major I don't see how it's NOT fixed yet.

Either no one ever used this version of eclipse to an extent where spawning NPCS was even needed or they just dealt with the fact that the game was unplayable.

> **Necropost** +5 Warning
>
> Do not bump or reply to a topic that is over 30 days old. This does not apply to your own topics if they are still relevant. Though a topic should not be bumped more then once every 24 hours. This also does not apply to the tutorials board.