Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Setting up No-IP (pics)

abhi2011

That means you probably already have a server running on a computer using that port. Make sure you don't have any servers running. (Their icons may be hidden). If your sure no server is already running, then is there anything else running on your network that may be using that port already?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmm not sure, checked for the Server.exe process, nothing, Hamachi is closed, Game Ranger is closed, Steam is closed, I am just using my browser and the No-Ip Duc 3.0, my sister is using her laptop, maybe she is the problem?

EDIT: IP Chicken says my Remote Port is 55139 should I put that to the No-Ip thing and update my Client Config?

It does, as far as I know anyway. (I've had trouble with this in the past when I tried hosting a website testing environment on my local machine, had to change the website's post to something else, or shut down Skype)

Turns out I was right:

> To work correctly, Skype requires unrestricted outgoing TCP access to:
>
> * All destination ports above 1024 (recommended)
>
> [background=transparent]or[/background]
> * Ports 80 and 443

Source: [https://support.skyp…ype-for-windows](https://support.skype.com/en/faq/FA148/which-ports-need-to-be-open-to-use-skype-for-windows)

I don't believe Skype on another computer does anything, since it binds to your local machine's IP. (So in this case, hers and yours are two different IP Addresses).

Are you running any webhosting applications of some sort? (Xampp, Wampp and the like?)

Well we are all using the same WIFI connection, so we share IPs. And I have XAMPP installed, I will try to uninstall it.

Well, it says Stopping Apache server, Mysql server, so XAMPP shall burn

EDIT : Oh well, the server initialized but, when I try to start up the client and login it says, Connected. Sending Login information, as Abhi said, I think it won't let me use the client and server simultaneously, so I tried giving the client to my little brother but it still doesn't work, gets stuck at Connected. Sending new account, should I try to upload it and give it to my Steam friend?

The problem is that, my brother, my stream friend and I have to connect at the same time. But when I change the server port to 80, the client one to 8080 and turn on the NO-IP DUC 3.0 my client freezes at Connected. Sending login information… and my brother's freezes at Connected. Sending New Account information... the server is up and running, I will try it again.

I don't think its the ports since when I use the Status checker it says it is online, it just won't let me connect to my own server.

> Also I don't think you can run the client and server together while the client is connecting from no-ip rather than localhost.

I think this is the problem.

• 2 months later...