Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Crafting with no mods and code changes

Kasparas

I don't really know did any of you write something for this , but i decided to make a tutorial on simple crafting in Eclipse Event System 2.3 .

First this includes both smithing crafting or any other way you want the character to craft . I will show one example - smithing , once u get this u can make any other thing , even Runecrafting from RuneScape

So to begin with it you must have somehting that will be used as material for crafting , i will make it called Iron Ore. You make a resource Iron and it gives iron ore . Resource ? CHECK !

Now we need something that is needed as a tool to make it , let's create an item hammer.

We will smith for example Iron Daggers. Create an item that will be crafted and make an event (for example put an event looking like an anvil for this case (or anything your imagination lets , why not smith daggers on a raccoon ? )

Let's greet the smith with @>show text "What do you want to smith ?"

@>show choices- Prompt: I will smith…

now make two answers - iron dagger and never mind

now add a conditional branch to answer iron dagger @>Player has item [Hammer]

then there is an option else , it means if player doesn't have a hammer, so write "you need a hammer"

now after conditional branch player has iron dagger add another one - iron ore , to option else write "you need iron ore"

back to player has item [iron ore] …

select comand Add and select "change items" give 1 Iron Dagger

then one more time "change items" and take 1 iron ore. That's it ! here it is your crafting system ![:D](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/community/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.png)

any questions ?

Pictures would make your post clearer and more helpful. ![^_^](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/community/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/happy.png)

Also the sentence where you're saying you need to add an additional Conditional Branch is very hard to read if you didn't know you needed another Conditional branch.

> now after conditional branch player has iron dagger add another one - iron ore , to option else write "you need iron ore"

Yo, your tutorial is useless

1.If you check to "take away" for example 10 iron ores, and you have just 5, it will take them anyway and you still can create the item.

2.Like others says it's very limited, and that sucks !

> I thought exactly the opposite.

Considering every event hacks away a portion of the server performance, and using a million conditional branches(or since there's only 4 options to pick from in general, a TON of "crafting" events with specific items) it'll turn into a slow clusterfuck of poop.

I'd really like to know how you think of this as efficient and clean.

I don't think the event system is useless I have found many good uses for it.. but using it for something like this or using it as a replacement for the the resource system I think is a waste…. It works great for doors, conversations, story building, fast travel ect...

Well I can't program either but if there is a system already available to use.. why would u go all crazy with adding a ton of events which is alot of work in itself to achieve the same results basically the same thing oreo said up top ![:(](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/community/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/sad.png) but this could be still usefull and does explain how certain events can be.made

They're not pointless at all, the idea behind the system is great, and as it is it can be decent.. If used properly, but for crafting I would personally recommend people to write a system specifically made for crafting, it just works better. That doesn't take away the fact that events have their use and place, as they can be used to create some pretty interesting story sequences.

• 11 months later...
Ok, there are many ways around these glitches, this is how I have been doing all of my "crafting" and such only because if I try to change the source files, it doesn't do anything. I have made an alright system doing this that you really can't screw up so this is a viable way of "crafting and other such, but Doctor, I think that you are planning on a widely played game, otherwise events shouldn't do that much.