Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Installing on Win7 (dx8vb.dll error)

pastornater

Ok There are a lot of posts about this problem, non of them quite get to the fine details so let me help.

Also this tutorial will work for dx7vb.dll as well, you just type in dx7vb.dll instead of dx8vb.dll when you register the files

I have been trying this for hours and finally got it.

-You must first download the runtimes from this site.

-Go into start menu and type UAC, this will let you disable User account control settings. do it.

-Right Click on eo_runtimes and pick troubleshoot compatibility.

-Pick troubleshoot program

-pick It ran on a different version of windows

-WindowsXP SP3

-Start program

-next

-Yes save these settings

-close

-Right click on the eo_runtimes file and click run as administrator. It will install to windows\system32\. It will probably error a short while after.

-repeat last step but install it in windows\sysWOW64\ again…. just to be safe.

-Go to start menu again and type CMD, then STOP. This is the key. You must right click on command prompt and Run as administrator.

-Now use you mad MSDOS skills and navigate to

C:\Windows\sysWOW64\regsvr32 dx8vb.dll

(C:\Windows\sysWOW64\regsvr32 dx7vb.dll if thats what you need for your eclipse version)

this should properly register the dll.

-restart pc. I got all sorts of DX errors... they all went away with a simple computer reboot

Client should work

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Please let me know if this worked for you, or post what errors you got only after you followed this exactly

***********************************************************************************************************************************

• 1 month later...