Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

MIST OF PANDARIA!!!!!

Jumbofile

![](http://www.freemmorpgmaker.com/files/imagehost/pics/2e21a5f6e610178350b9af8235446771.png)

ITS FINALLY ALMOST HERE!!! Ive been waiting for ever. My local gamestop let me preorder before they knew the name or release date. Heres some videos of it!

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wvYXoyxLv64[/media]

Watch in 1080p!

[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gM0MDemLvHE](http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gM0MDemLvHE)

After seeing Cataclysm flop around, and the desperate attempts of trying to fix it only to break more promises and causing it to go down the drain further I've been so skeptical I haven't even bought it yet. Probably won't until a few months after release either. They're making a lot of promises again, wonder how many they'll break this time.

> After seeing Cataclysm flop around, and the desperate attempts of trying to fix it only to break more promises and causing it to go down the drain further I've been so skeptical I haven't even bought it yet. Probably won't until a few months after release either. They're making a lot of promises again, wonder how many they'll break this time.

Whoa, Stein plays WoW? What server you gypos on? And I'm of the same opinion. I'm one of those arena junkies that does nothing but pvp. I refuse to digest pve in any way, shape, or form mainly due to it being so monotonous. Anyway, I won't be buying MoP pre-launch or post-launch at any time. It's not worth the opportunity cost of me spending time on my own project where I have the same amount of if not more fun than I did playing WoW.

> Not only that. They've seen all these amazing innovative MMOs come out and they're sticking with the same boring formula. Good job Blizz.

And what MMO's are those? The Old Republic? Guild Wars 2? Both flops with dwindling subscription numbers; one of the two is going Free to Play inside it's first year post-launch. lol.

> Whoa, Stein plays WoW? What server you gypos on? And I'm of the same opinion. I'm one of those arena junkies that does nothing but pvp. I refuse to digest pve in any way, shape, or form mainly due to it being so monotonous.

Alonsus EU for the most part. And funny, I feel the exact opposite..

> And what MMO's are those? The Old Republic? Guild Wars 2? Both flops with dwindling subscription numbers; one of the two is going Free to Play inside it's first year post-launch. lol.

Stop there. Don't just ignorantly slap the shortcomings of SWTOR onto the new kid on the block. It's too early to call GW2 a flop, and the whole "dwindling subscription numbers" would have to have been pulled from the dark corners of your anus. Personally, I'm willing to bet on longevity.

/fangirl

Point is - Diablo 3 wasn't worth a 10 year wait and MoP, based on the trend, is likely to be a regurgitated _flop_. That's my reason, anyway, for not getting my hopes up. I'll have to wait and see.

> Stop there. Don't just ignorantly slap the shortcomings of SWTOR onto the new kid on the block. It's too early to call GW2 a flop, and the whole "dwindling subscription numbers" would have to have been pulled from the dark corners of your anus. Personally, I'm willing to bet on longevity.
>
> /fangirl
>
> Point is - Diablo 3 wasn't worth a 10 year wait and MoP, based on the trend, is likely to be a regurgitated _flop_. That's my reason, anyway, for not getting my hopes up. I'll have to wait and see.

New kid on the block? Guild Wars has been around for 5 years but has a substantially smaller volume of recurring players than World of Warcraft. GW2 hasn't been on the block long enough - initial sales are still far lower than any of World of Warcraft's EXPANSIONS. Diablo 3 isn't an MMO - it's a single player game with co-op capabilities; improvements to the game came too late with too little impact for me to stick around past leveling ONE character to 60 a week after launch.

Longevity is subjective as hell due to it being a free-to-play game after the initial purchase price. Anyone with a brain will continue playing it if only out of the principle that it's paid for and "I'm going to get my moneys worth."

/non-fanboy

@Stein. What's monotonous about pvp in WoW? Those 3 button rotations for 5+ minutes (pve) are super fun, let me tell you.

> /fanboy

Fixed it for you.

You're bashing two games you've never played to promote one you have.

GW2 is a different game, not an expansion. Therefore, it _is_ the new kid on the block. To judge it based on GW1 is akin to judging WoW from Warcraft's success.

_IE "Hardly anyone plays Warcraft anymore, so MoP will probably fail."_

I thought, from your marketing knowledge, that you'd know better than to consider it fair to compare the new GW2's sales to the longer-running WoW expansion's sales. For the record, it took 3 years for WoW to amass 1 million active players. GW2 has 2 million in a month. Obviously the market was different back then, but that's still a substantial analtyical defeat. If anything ever surpasses WoW, it's not going to happen instantly.

In truth the entire argument is subjective as hell. _Anyone with a brain_, however, would only argue about something if they've actually tried it.

fyi - WoW's playerbase is shrinking.

If I had a nickel everytime a someone in map chat talks about how much more they enjoy GW2 than WoW…

I never liked Wow. I honestly TRIED to like it because my friends played it but.. it's just so bad..

@Marshy GW2 is really good. A friend bought it for me, one of the same friends that played WoW, and It's really enjoyable. The combat system is alot like TERA's and the graphics are very realistic and clean. From a programming point of view it is magnificently done also. I had the pleasure of talking to one of the programmers at Arenanet who developed the dynamic event system and it is really interesting.

> The combat system is alot like TERA's
>
> No, just no. Tera feels like there's some actual impact behind your weapon. GW2 just lets you run around like a madman spamming buttons without much thought about positioning, aim or anything at all.
>
> > @Stein. What's monotonous about pvp in WoW? Those 3 button rotations for 5+ minutes (pve) are super fun, let me tell you.
>
> The fact that after four matches you know exactly how to counter just about any player, and it turns into the same button mashing grindfest, except here you have people whining at you and bad enough to make level 1 toons to harrass you because you made them lose your arena ranking. And for the record, I don't know what class you play but my Warrior needs a ton more than three buttons to get any aggro done (pre-threath changes anyway, what the hell was Blizzard thinking on this? Still takes a significant amount of effort to keep above fire mages, which STILL use a lot more than three buttons, same with warlocks.. and just about anything except Arcane Mages.)
>
> And the rest of your post, you're spouting bum candy all over.

> Fixed it for you.
>
> You're bashing two games you've never played to promote one you have.

I've played Guild Wars and TOR.

> GW2 is a different game, not an expansion. Therefore, it _is_ the new kid on the block. To judge it based on GW1 is akin to judging WoW from Warcraft's success.
>
> _IE "Hardly anyone plays Warcraft anymore, so MoP will probably fail."_

Didn't I say that about it being new? Yup, I'm pretty sure I did. Here, read a little: "GW2 hasn't been on the block long enough."

> I thought, from your marketing knowledge, that you'd know better than to consider it fair to compare the new GW2's sales to the longer-running WoW expansion's sales. For the record, it took 3 years for WoW to amass 1 million active players. GW2 has 2 million in a month. Obviously the market was different back then, but that's still a substantial analtyical defeat. If anything ever surpasses WoW, it's not going to happen instantly.

I highly doubt Guild Wars 2 has 2+ million recurring players; it may have SOLD 2-million copies, but units sold does not equate recurring users. As for comparing initial sales of Guild Wars 2 to ANY expansion or even the initial release of World of Warcraft, I'd say its "fair".

> In truth the entire argument is subjective as hell. _Anyone with a brain_, however, would only argue about something if they've actually tried it.
>
> fyi - WoW's playerbase is shrinking.
>
> If I had a nickel everytime a someone in map chat talks about how much more they enjoy GW2 than WoW…

It is most certainly is. We aren't talking about our likes or dislikes of two games; we've been comparing and validating them through analytic data (sales, recurring users, etc.). Yes, I'm well aware of World of Warcraft's dwindling subscription count; like I said in a previous post, I'm one of the ones they lost. ![;)](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/community/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink.png)

And good for someone who likes GW2; I have nothing against it.

And no sir, I am not a fanboy.

> 11 hours and counting, and I'm still not buying it.

> 11 hours and counting, and I'm still not buying it.

I completely agree, I use to play WoW and I was completely adicted. I beat it and I got bored. Playe litch king, it was okay. I played a bit of cataclysim.. Not the best. Though world of warcraft is a good mmo they need to change their ways of gameplay and a new formula. I even miss the old Warcraft games from comming out. I would rather play thoughs, I like them much better than starcraft.

I bought it only cause I did the annual pass for Diablo 3, but I don't think I'm going to be playing it after that. This game has just got really stale, and they just keep doing the same old thing hoping their player base will remain happy. This honestly has been a big letdown to me and the expansion was just a way to market to more casual players, good thing I got Torchlight II/Guild Wars II to keep me occupied after.

> I bought it only cause I did the annual pass for Diablo 3, but I don't think I'm going to be playing it after that. This game has just got really stale, and they just keep doing the same old thing hoping their player base will remain happy. This honestly has been a big letdown to me and the expansion was just a way to market to more casual players, good thing I got Torchlight II/Guild Wars II to keep me occupied after.

You know you didn't have to purchase the expansion just because you signed up for the annual pass, right? I didn't and my AP runs out next month.

> You know you didn't have to purchase the expansion just because you signed up for the annual pass, right? I didn't and my AP runs out next month.

I still have three months left, and I wanted to get my final moments of the game. I had $20 from my Diablo III balance I made from auctions, so it only costed me $20 for it; I would rather try this expansion out anyway and not waste the subscription time doing absolutely nothing.