Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

[SkyWyre Primitive] Adding more layers

Xlithan

ADDING MORE LAYERS
– A Tutorial by Xlithan --

Having more layers in your map editor can be very beneficial. It can be useful when creating more complex
mapping. For basic mapping, 2 masks and 2 fringes should be enough, but I have definitely benefited from having
extra layers in my map editor.

This tutorial should also work for older versions of Eclipse as the source code is mostly similar.

Firstly, we need to create extra option buttons. So locate to **_fraLayers_** in **_frmEditor_Map_**. You may need to bring it to the front.

![](http://i.snag.gy/kolgK.jpg)

Just remember, that these option buttons are in an index array. So just adding in the extra option buttons will result in your client crashing. You need to ensure that the array goes from 1 (Ground layer) to however many layers you have, in order. So you will need to swap a few index's around.

Next, you need to go to _**modEnumerations**_ in both Client and Server source code, and find **_Public Enum MapLayer_**.

Add your extra layers. If you're adding 2 extra masks and 2 extra fringes like I have done, then it needs to look like this:
```
' Layers in a map
Public Enum MapLayer
   Ground = 1
   Mask
   Mask2
   Mask3
   Mask4
   Fringe
   Fringe2
   Fringe3
   Fringe4
   ' Make sure Layer_Count is below everything else
   Layer_Count
End Enum
```
**The following is all client-side**
Next we need to go to **_Public Sub ScreenshotMap()_** and replace the following:

**_Change:_**
```
For I = MapLayer.Ground To MapLayer.Mask2
```
**_To:_**
```
For I = MapLayer.Ground To MapLayer.Mask4
```
And also…

```
For I = MapLayer.Fringe To MapLayer.Fringe2
```
```
For I = MapLayer.Fringe To MapLayer.Fringe4
```
Then we need to move on to **_Public Sub DrawMapTile_**, and replace the following:

```
For I = MapLayer.Ground To MapLayer.Mask2
```
```
For I = MapLayer.Ground To MapLayer.Mask4
```
And finally…

```
For I = MapLayer.Fringe To MapLayer.Fringe2
```
```
For I = MapLayer.Fringe To MapLayer.Fringe4
```

Don't forget. You're not going to have layers on top of layers. The extra layers you'll probably only use 2-3 times on a map. They are there for more complex mapping, not for basic newb mapping. Stick to your standard layer count if you don't wanna use this, nobody is forcing you lol.