Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

3D models

Soon i'll post more models made by me.

Currently using some 3D characters for my game Cryptic online ![:D](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/community/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.png)

Character name: Lumiere the sexy asian biach

![](http://www.freemmorpgmaker.com/files/imagehost/pics/7cbbe43632e2dcf6eaa67e850a4699d9.png)

Now some Gangnam style

>! ![](http://www.freemmorpgmaker.com/files/imagehost/pics/61f0d660c364ed3b469917af43bb1847.png)

> wind_devil is looking for someone who can do this for his 3D eclipse project.

I won't work for a kid, modeling takes time and effort, i don't care bout his 3D engine. ![:P](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/community/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue.png)

> I won't work for a kid, modeling takes time and effort, i don't care bout his 3D engine. ![:P](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/community/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue.png)

And you obviously should put more of both those things into your models.

> Ive never used a 3D modeling program. but could it be used to make environmental objects?

Sure thing, you can model whatever you want, buildings, walls, some interior objects are much more easier to make.

When you work with 3D models, work in "mirror" mode, i can't explain but there are some tutorials on youtube.

Good luck, i would recommend Blender it's free and you can learn really fast.

> Yes, learn how not to make 3D graphics, learn bad habits and shitty techniques so it will be harder to work with a decent program.

It's pretty good for beginners, Kusy you are good at 3D ?

Not really good, getting there slowly.

Thing with blender is that learning to use it kind of self-contradictory. You learn to use it, you do nice stuff with it, you develop a weird belief that Blender is not shitty and you finally grow fond of your work with it.

Then someone launches Max or Maya and bests your best model in one hour because their interfaces are not pulled out of the ass. Or he just boots ZBrush and your tears dry out before you start crying for all those hours spent on learning to use Blender.

I don't see how Blender would be a better tool for beginners than Maya or Max would. Making models in those programs is easy as duck compared to learning Bender's basics, and being a beginner is not about making yourself miserable.

That may be the case, but at the end of the day, Blender is free. Maya and 3DS Max both cost $3675 for a new license. And if you're going to be doing anything outside of a hobby that you plan to ever release to the public, you bet your ass you're going to want a valid copy.

> But of course! I never said anything else. Feel free to learn how to efficiently and masterfully eat soup with your hands, instead of starting out with a spoon. Nobody will stop you.

It seems to me that Maya is obviously the better program; no one is disputing that. It's just that Blender is free and Maya (legally ![;)](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/community/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink.png)) costs three grand.

Take your pick.

> But of course! I never said anything else. Feel free to learn how to efficiently and masterfully eat soup with your hands, instead of starting out with a spoon. Nobody will stop you.

Don't get me wrong, but you need first to learn the basics, easy steps, then you should start with some advanced stuff.

You can eat soup with hands, all that matters is to eat and not feel hungry, as for 3D models, it doesn't matter that maya has better shiet and interface with more features, if you can't model.

For a beginner is better to use a FREE and EASY one until he is comfortable with it, then needs to learn doing the advanced stuff.

Like _Bruce Lee said :"_ I fear not the man who has practiced 10000 _kicks_ once, but I fear the man who has practiced one _kick_ 10000 times"

In this case it doesn't matter if you start with the advanced stuff, but it matters to take the easy steps until you reach the top, every long journey starts with one small step.

Another example will be in school, when you are a 6-7 years old kid, the teacher won't teach you the advanced stuff only because you need it later and later you'll be good, hell no, you will be stupid than ever.

Arguing with you guys seems a bit pointless as you can't understand my point. Blender is not easy to use, that's why it's not a good tool for starters. It's interface is anti-intuitive and messed up. Both Maya and Max are way easier to use, have more and better tutorials all over the web and when you learn the basics with them you don't have to learn them again with another program to do more advanced stuff.

The point about one software being expensive and the other being free is absolutely missed if you want to do those graphics professionally, because nobody will give half of a duck if you made your entire portfolio in pirated software. More likely they will ignore you BECAUSE you used free software. When you apply for a job where the company uses programs like Photoshop, Maya, AutoCAD - that company is not interested in your pureness of heart and dislike for piracy - all they care about is you being able to use the software they have without the need to teach you how to do it, because nobody gives a duck about Gimp.

And if you don't want to do it professionally, why the duck would you care if it's licensed or not? Oh, right, because you have silly dreams of making something by yourself that you can then profit from without investment. You can't.