Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Shoutbox Temporarily Offline

Marsh

> Shoutbox will be back in a hour or two. In the meanwhile, chill out. Lets try to all get a long shall we? We are all here for the same reason. This community used to be about friendship. Teaching, not destroying.

It's still down, Marshy Dearest… ![:P](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/community/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue.png)

Was this about that argument from last night?

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

> …

So turn Eclipse into a facist website and disallow any sort of stating of opinion? That's worked before, sounds great. In all seriousness we'd be moving back to when Robin was out of his mind and that wasn't a pleasant time for anyone. It's also probably the stupidest approach to solving a problem - kill it instead of trying to figure it out and solve it. Out of the lets say 50 active members, only 10 really have a voice and most of them try to actually help around here. If you want to get rid of that you're really breaking the community even further.

> How can you encourage creativity by adding more moderation?

Well considering that moderation would probably know what they're on about they'd give feedback to the person on what they need to improve on and how to improve. I posted a shitty topic once and Admiral Refuge told me how to improve. Things were a lot more creative back then and I wonder why.

> So turn Eclipse into a facist website and disallow any sort of stating of opinion? That's worked before, sounds great. In all seriousness we'd be moving back to when Robin was out of his mind and that wasn't a pleasant time for anyone. It's also probably the stupidest approach to solving a problem - kill it instead of trying to figure it out and solve it. Out of the lets say 50 active members, only 10 really have a voice and most of them try to actually help around here. If you want to get rid of that you're really breaking the community even further.
>
> Well considering that moderation would probably know what they're on about they'd give feedback to the person on what they need to improve on and how to improve. I posted a shitty topic once and Admiral Refuge told me how to improve. Things were a lot more creative back then and I wonder why.

It is better when you're told HOW to improve instead of that it sucks.

I don't like moderation zealots. Those kind that visit a thread already visited by an administrator or even the founder and believes that he should close the thread, ignoring the fact most likely it would be already closed if his betters would consider it worthy of such an action.

> perhaps get some extra mods to keep the community in check?
>
> preferrably some slighty older guys which have patience and stuff?
>
> so no apppointing 14 years old, because that doesnt work well if you ask me.

This is true. But please let the community vote or something. I've got doubts on how some of the other mods ever became mods (i.e: joyce)

Or just put Damian. He will banhammer kids because hes older and has no patience with stupidity. He will talk about love, peace and boobies because thats just who he is. Lastly, he is from Holland. Holland has a territory on Canada about the size of a hospital and they send us flowers every year. Thus, every hollandeerlanders have my respect.