Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Shoutbox Temporarily Offline

Marsh

> Also as far as making Eclipse in a new language, it is brought up a lot. Yes we would all love. The cold hard truth is that no one currently possesses the ability. I might be able to create a c++ engine. But i am to busy with college. Even if i i wasnt it would take months. People claim they can make other versions, nothing every comes of it. It is not as simple as simply saying create another engine. Eclipse is a huge engine whether you believe it or not. The amount of work needed is insane.

Your right and as I said the engine wouldn't matter if there was some standards left for the community and the development.

As for what Death said, yeah, I can't see where the problem is coming from other than someone being a hypocrite to the other and what not. Let's just learn from this, implement some better standards, and review the team and policies.

Honestly we weren't talking about the engine, that has no relevance or at least not much more than little. What I want to refer to is the standards we keep up around here.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

> Point and case, you.

Case and point: You, Death, General, Budweiser, Sekaru. (I am short several key players here.) I am merely attempting to provide a defense to the slander thrown against me, which is apparently impossible.

> I did apologize quite a few people were there that day, I only jump back into because you continue going which hey I'm not saying looks good on my part, but now that :hypocritical card" is falling back on you, oh and learn what the meaning of hypocrite is before you go using it any type of way, I said you start arguments…just because I reply to what you say which comes off as arguing doesn't make me a hypocrite.

Not once have you apologized, and I guess at some point I'll search through the logs and try to find even one.

> jesus christ, i come on here just now and this is what i fuking see….a bunch of morons arguing over something stupid....Sure the community has gone to bum candy but that doesn't mean it's still fun. The creativity thing is just dumbasses complaining about every little thing. just ignore it. The admin abusing..that's something that all the mods and admins need to be fired and get new ones. and Marshy Dearest, if you don't like the bum candy talk about the community, then just delete the shoutbox permanently, problem solved. You guys argue like little kids sometimes and this is one of those times...Grow up, if you don't like it, gtfo. Death and Snow are the only ones that i see who are not acting like 7 year olds. Just stop everyone, it gets very tiring to see a topic flame up about the community...

Woohoo! Jump on the bandwagon! CONGRATULATIONS!

> I agree with that, I'll go even a step further just to prove this was pointless as I tried to say earlier, sorry Magical Aeroplane if anything came off as offensive, but…just know I'm only apologizing because it seems like a way to solve this, I don't think I'm wrong about what I said, but I can see it doesn't matter. Thanks, Zero.

I don't even care at this point. You're simply trying to make yourself look better, but you know what, I refuse to accept your apology. You want me to be a douchebag and jackass? Well now it's done. I am officially claiming myself as resident Douchebag-Jackass. Congratulations. You finally convinced me.

Why don't we ALL join the "Hate Aero" bandwagon, it's looking a lot more promising now. Especially with the person most hated by it no longer giving a rats ass what good anyone tries to do to him anymore, and is no longer going to even respond to any negative comments.

I WANT TO SEE EVERYONE POST A HATE COMMENT AGAINST ME! OTHERWISE YOU ARE NOT A TRUE ECLIPSIAN!

Goodbye everyone. It's been terrible, and as such I am reacting appropriately.

Thanks,

Aeroplane

we had better times in EO 2.0 due to the fact that Robin was still here, he kept almost all of us in check so we did not talk bum candy about the community nor did he make a topic on just talking crap about it…

If you want an opinion on this community here ya go:

The community is horrible, the staff here doesn't do their job, all they do is sit on there ass instead of what a staff is supposed to do. We almost never improve, JC(i hope) is still working on the engine or else we will have to wait more time for someone else with ENOUGH BRAINS to actually make it better. All we ever do is talk bum candy about someone's new game when in all in all…ur just fukin jealous that they are making a game and may surpass you. Marshy Dearest does in fact do almost nothing when he's on....he's the site owner, he needs to act like the owner and own some people.

**A New Language**

As far as this topic goes… just gtfo if you don't like the fact that we're using an old language. you can talk bum candy but once you get asked to make a new version in a newer language, you all shut up and say "Well....this is unacceptable!" and that's just how it goes. talk bum candy, but don't walk the talk. the only people who rly have the right to talk bum candy about it are the ones who can actually make a whole new engine in a newer language.

Sincerely,

Zero

> The site is clean, intuitive and in relatively good order and the community as a whole appears to have become progressively more wholesome and tolerant of new people. I don't really understand what the fuss is about, these are just my observations from lurking but all of this drama seems to be stemming from a plain conflict of personalities. Anyone in a position of authority are human beings as well, and as such, both sides are prone to disliking each other and unfortunately if there's only arguments and no blatant abuse of power everyone's just going to have to learn to cope with the people who irritate them. I'm sure we all do this on a daily basis, at school, work or at home - it should be relatively easy to tolerate with little effort.
>
> Maybe I'm missing the nostalgia goggles since I've never really involved myself with Eclipse much outside of lurking, but I've only seen improvements over the course of this year. I'd only suggest continuing to keep things simple, improve, collaborate and continue driving Eclipse on into future generations and have patience and a helping hand ready for the onslaught of newbies improvement will inevitably bring, because let's face it, not all of us will be here forever and somebody needs to keep such a great place thriving and well prepared so it can continue its existence.
>
> I'd also like to pipe in to say I don't like the sounds of quality controlling the projects section, It's one thing to remove the troll threads but shunning projects that don't live up to some kind of biased standards just restrains growth and doesn't give new people a chance to try and will scare off anyone willing to. The basic information guidelines are enough, and if the game isn't special enough for you just ignore it, people are here trying to learn through the available information and the experience of trying to apply that information. Everyone has to start from somewhere, if their project isn't attractive enough no one will play it and they'll learn something was missing through failure, something that sticks and weeds out the people not willing to improve.

You've got some points but let's be honest with ourselves, if we reject a project thread but give them advice, they still learn that A. They didn't follow guidelines and B. whatever we gave them as advice, and honestly this requires a team who can handle advice. Sure, a bad project may be a learning experience but with an internet community it just beings problems and needs revision from the creator instead of some hypocritical internet members. Just saying.

You're just simply unbelievable Magical Magical Magical Aeroplane, decide not to accept my apology if you want, but I told you I'm not doing it because I mean it, but only because it seems like a way to solve it..I also am not doing it to look good, but I don't think you throwing out pathetic comments makes you look any better than I. Shaking my head right now, and these are our leaders?

As for my hate comment, you'll never come to the conclusion that in some cases you just aren't correct, I feel sorry for you dude.

I am seeing a lot of truth here. Thanks Keebler Elf for that i agree hole heartedly. I am going to keep the shoutbox disabled for now as i believe that re-adding it at the moment will just continue the flame wars.

I think whether arguing or not this topic not only bringing a lot of truth but adressing the issues have needed to be talked about for awhile whether we like it or not. Argue, fight, agree, get it out of your systems. I would love to have the community just return to everyone enjoying themselves. I will improve it in anyway i can. Some arguments seem silly to me, others makes sense. As others have stated though. As the owner i am a human. I will have personal opinions and values that may differ from yours. I think we can all get a long and make this site enjoyable for all.

I liked Robin's resignation better, at least he was in the right in the majority of his decisions. Which reminds me that someone decided to go off and remove his history bundle post, so apparently the community doesn't have freedom of opinion anymore?

It seems like Magical Magical Magical Aeroplane does nothing but argue with the first person who has a different opinion from his. Something we all have problems with, but when you have a position such as his you need to try and be a bit more of a role model to the rest of the users.

Let's all stop with the engine references. That's irrelevant. Whether or not were using what we have appropriately has nothing to do with the engine but moreso the community's usage of it.

Aer, if you want to leave, do it. Those who talk more do less and I'd love to see you go because after that maybe some of us would learn a few lessons and Eclipse might be a bit better. Spork was taken down as an admin after his actions and I'm sure Marshy Dearest and the others learned something whether they realized it or not. Oh, and it's not impossible, there is just enough evidence sitting in our hands to say you've been a very blunt person recently.

Vocaloid, your being a bit harsh. Eclipse was doing alright before this, you've just had some beef with others, I know I have and most of us here have.

> I am seeing a lot of truth here. Thanks Sexy Beast for that i agree hole heartedly. I am going to keep the shoutbox disabled for now as i believe that re-adding it at the moment will just continue the flame wars.
>
> I think whether arguing or not this topic not only bringing a lot of truth but adressing the issues have needed to be talked about for awhile whether we like it or not. Argue, fight, agree, get it out of your systems. I would love to have the community just return to everyone enjoying themselves. I will improve it in anyway i can. Some arguments seem silly to me, others makes sense. As others have stated though. As the owner i am a human. I will have personal opinions and values that may differ from yours. I think we can all get a long and make this site enjoyable for all.

I'm with you on that, there are tons of different people in the mix here at Eclipse and if you've got a problem, stand back and realize your staring at a screen. using code you got for no cost to you at all by force, so quit it.

> I am seeing a lot of truth here. Thanks Sexy Beast for that i agree hole heartedly. I am going to keep the shoutbox disabled for now as i believe that re-adding it at the moment will just continue the flame wars.
>
> I think whether arguing or not this topic not only bringing a lot of truth but adressing the issues have needed to be talked about for awhile whether we like it or not. Argue, fight, agree, get it out of your systems. I would love to have the community just return to everyone enjoying themselves. I will improve it in anyway i can. Some arguments seem silly to me, others makes sense. As others have stated though. As the owner i am a human. I will have personal opinions and values that may differ from yours. I think we can all get a long and make this site enjoyable for all.

ok…ima let a little of what steam i have right now...

Take Magical Aeroplane's powers away, Get rid of all the Mods and admins you have, get some new ones...ones that actually know what the hell they're doing. The ones we have right now, are just horrible. all they do is just sit on the chatbox.

> Vocaloid, your being a bit harsh. Eclipse was doing alright before this, you've just had some beef with others, I know I have and most of us here have.

that is what i said, don't twist my words.

> Case and point: You, Death, General, Budweiser, Sekaru. (I am short several key players here.) I am merely attempting to provide a defense to the slander thrown against me, which is apparently impossible.
>
> Not once have you apologized, and I guess at some point I'll search through the logs and try to find even one.
>
> Woohoo! Jump on the bandwagon! CONGRATULATIONS!
>
> I don't even care at this point. You're simply trying to make yourself look better, but you know what, I refuse to accept your apology. You want me to be a douchebag and jackass? Well now it's done. I am officially claiming myself as resident Douchebag-Jackass. Congratulations. You finally convinced me.
>
> Why don't we ALL join the "Hate Magical Aeroplane" bandwagon, it's looking a lot more promising now. Especially with the person most hated by it no longer giving a rats ass what good anyone tries to do to him anymore, and is no longer going to even respond to any negative comments.
>
> I WANT TO SEE EVERYONE POST A HATE COMMENT AGAINST ME! OTHERWISE YOU ARE NOT A TRUE ECLIPSIAN!
>
> Goodbye everyone. It's been terrible, and as such I am reacting appropriately.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Magical Aeroplane

Now why did you have to go bringing me into this childish crap? I do sincerely believe that it was I who told you both to shut the duck up because you were both being childish. You look worse in the situation because you were chosen to be part of the staff that moderates this site; how can you moderate other people when you can't even moderate yourself? All you honestly had to do was ignore him and move on. As for the entire argument, there are multiple individuals siding against you; who the duck cares? Not I nor anyone else with a brain and who is capable of using it.

I haven't insulted anyone and I've called liez on both of you; time to move on, kiddo's. Get over it, grow the duck up, do what you do without wearing yourself out giving me something to laugh at. ![;)](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/community/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink.png)

What more do we expect, we're all different people, no one said this would be easy…eclipse is simply a starting point and a good place to chat with many people with the same objectives as your own...I've learned a lot being here since I was about 14...and let me tell you I've also noticed changes with staff leaving and coming. Every thing plays a part...let's not ignore the x factor in the situation.

In defence to me doing "Almost Nothing" well that feels like a personal attack to me. I do a lot. You dont see the majority of it becouse it is behind the scenes. I am extremely busy with college right now and building my life into a place where i want it to be. I have poured thousands of dollers into this site and continue to work on it. I am in contact with Aero, Devogen, Socuine, Jeff, and many others to continue site development. I am constantly tweaking settings, graphics. I worked on search engine results for years. Do you see any differance? No. But the truth is work is being done. I dont feel like i should even be defending myself. Its stupid. This site has been running for close to 6 fucking years. I have been paying hosting bills and making sure this site is running successfully. Yes, i get busy. That doesnt mean i dont care about the future of Eclipse. Real life comes into play. I dont think its fair at all to call me out on this shit.

> The ones that _knew_ what they were doing have long left. They saw what was wrong with the community and moved forward.
>
> (Robin, SJR, etc.)

Completely agree. My opinion though is that those who are put in important roles can sometimes get edgy and egotistical about it.

Bud, I'm also on your side of that, if someone can't be professional in their position the others in charge should step back and look at it seriously.

I hope we can end this with a few new policies and reviews of what we have.

> This just moved all the bitching and arguing from the shoutbox into this topic….

Indeed it did, but i think its time to get it all out in the open. Whether people are flaming, fighting or posting positive comments. Something had to happen. I say let everyone vent there opinion and we can move on afterwords.

> Completely agree. My opinion though is that those who are put in important roles can sometimes get edgy and egotistical about it.
>
> Bud, I'm also on your side of that, if someone can't be professional in their position the others in charge should step back and look at it seriously.
>
> I hope we can end this with a few new policies and reviews of what we have.

I'm assuming that's what Marshy Dearest is attempting to do with this here topic. If people would have listened to me when this bum candy was 2 minutes old, this topic wouldn't be here and my lurking in the shoutbox wouldn't have been so rudely interrupted.

> name one person besides Joyce.

Soul & Aaron?

> I'm assuming that's what Marshy Dearest is attempting to do with this here topic. If people would have listened to me when this bum candy was 2 minutes old, this topic wouldn't be here and my lurking in the shoutbox wouldn't have been so rudely interrupted.

If you look back in the shoutbox logs, i tried to convince them to stop it before it turned into this. Of course, when Magical Aeroplane started targeting Sekaru and various others for no apparent reason i had to join in.