Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Shoutbox Temporarily Offline

Marsh

> I agree, you want specific examples I've given way to many and so I'll list them here and anyone is free to tell me if I'm wrong..oh and yes this is directed at Magical Magical Aeroplane the only staff member I do have problems here with and no I don't complain a lot I almost don't complain at all until someone decides they want to go and butcher whatever I say…and so with the list.
>
> 1) Well, this is all started before this, but we created the p'ony group and I thought everything was fine and out of no where...Magical Magical Aeroplane came at the entire group saying how we were too exclusive and how we thought we had authority over others and honestly I'm just like where the duck did this even come from...so I tried to please him by having the group deleted, keep in mind he was ready to wuit here supposedly.
>
> 2)This was after the p'ony group was deleted, he started come at us individually want an example? One day we're in the chat I forgot what it was exactly, but General said something in which to me was quite normal, I was also saying something...all of a sudden there was an argument with the three of us and supposedly we were tag teaming him in this situation. Ok...I'm just like I'm not going to waste my time on you anymore...again he claimed he was going to quit..-.-'
>
> 3)I was going to quit as I didn't in which I explained directly to you Marshy Dearest, but oh he just had to say something..he's been constantly bringing up how I changed my mind and I'm just another 12-16 year old who flip flops...supposedly that's who I am now, just a flip flop...lol.
>
> 4)Ertzel asked something and he totally smashed the opinion with a flat out no and so I spoke on it..because I didn't think it was a bad idea...he than said something like oh, so you want to start an argument with that. I seriously said no...he then continued on saying something about my "ignorance" and I got offended and then we started arguing there...he even started arguing with sekaru..over just about nothing and then out of no where BAM he claims once again people are "Tag teaming him"
>
> 5) He always runs around here talking about how everyone wants authority and how we're shittheads...and yet he's the only one who acts as if he's better than anyone else and oh and yes he acts just that way...he's even told me his opinion is never wrong...
>
> I would post even more bum candy, but frankly I'm tired and honestly I don't think you'd do anything anyway Marshy Dearest...according to him I can go tell his boss and you'll just brush it off..even if he bans me..
>
> Oh and last, but not least get this..he always runs claiming he'll quit because I'm sure he thinks he has Marshy Dearest in his back pocket and that he'll back him up no matter what...well it's looking a bit true, I mean Marshy Dearest I haven't seen him send you a pm or give a valid statement and yet you automatically ran to his rescue...telling him to ignore the idiots? Quite frankly I'm not an idiot...we shouldn't be ignored for voicing our opinion..and I've been way to nice to be came at sideways.

Wait, what? I have Marsh in my back-pocket? Hardly. In fact, me and Marsh discussed things before I was even brought on as staff, and the services I provide would not stop if I were to leave because if idiots…no, let me make that more clear, **IGNORANT DOUCHEBAGS** like you. There, that was more specific.

You say I am the problem and yet you provide no evidence as to how.

1) That's hardly how it went down. You left out all of the backstory. But of course, you do this for every argument. (Just wait, I'll prove my point below.)

2) Again, you leave out anything that may have happened before that situation, you provide no specifics, and you claim I say things but provide no actual quotes. Instead you go with the "he said she said" situation.

3) I corrected myself after that, therefore this would be null and void.

4) Again with this? As I explained, it's something that the staff general agrees upon. In fact, Marsh set the permissions for that, not me.

5) How does this have anything to do with anything? First off, it's hardly true. The first part is about 80% true, in that you guys sure do act like you want the authority, with the generalized statements that you seem to think the ideas and opinions you have are superior to the policies in place.

You don't think I'll quit? You have no idea. I don't give a rats ass what Marsh says to me, or does for me, I will leave this place if and when I desire. He has nothing to do with this.

> With more people like Soul

Yes, that's the answer. Carbon copy Soul to the rest of the staff. To hell with individuality, what is the point anyway?

> I like that keyword "people" it's used in a nice way in my mind, but don't forget you said this "community" well, we've put hard work into this site as well, don't tell me that some or most of the donations and other contributions haven't helped…it hasn't just been the staff. There must be equilateral balance, we make the community, the staff are here to enforce rules. My true point is that there are certain staff who try and go beyond the boundary of their duty because of their name color which doesn't mean a goddamn thing to me if you don't act as you should in that position...as I said before and as I'll say now...just because you've been here for a long ass time doesn't give you the right to think you can step all over the words of others and then go being hypocritical, that's my opinion. Some people work their assess off making contributions to this community everyday..to make it what it is..and I feel like one admin shouldn't just have total say so. I appreciate what I have, but I don't always appreciate what it brings.
>
> Edit: I also don't mind some staff being fun, because most of them are, and if you notice I'd have to say they're doing a good job and looky there they can be nice, keep a decent conversation, have fun and be staff at the same time..those are some characteristic traits others should consider taking up.

No admin here has total say so or control. In fact, from what I have seen, any decision that is made by the staff we collaborate with two or three other staff members, and often times other members.

> Well I have something and since we're on the topic of reformation I think it's pretty valid.
>
> * Creativity is discouraged here. I suggest you bring back the having to approve topics thing in the Eclipse Project board because frankly there's more and more garbage being posted. Moderators who could give these members some tips would also be nice.
> * Members need to be listened to more. Okay, I admit some of us are idiots but some of us actually know what we're talking about.
> * A bit unrelated but we need an actual engine. I know people have commitments but without a stable, well-updated engine Eclipse is going to die. No one cares about VB6 anymore and no one is even bothering to learn such a simple language in the first place. We either need a new engine or to actually encourage members to program.
>
> Just my 2p.

You want creativity, then talk about how we should moderate every project that is posted. Wait, what?

> Why not let the bells ring Marshy Dearest?
>
> Yes Pm's can be a good way to handle things, but it seems like you are trying to push problems into the dark here.

Yes, he's obviously pushing problems into the dark. That's his entire goal on this site. /endsarcasm I think the main point of him asking them in PM's, is so they actually get resolved instead of people just bitching about them. (Case and point: This post.)

> I think we need a revision of the staff or even policies in question and then we need to realize that in Eclipse we've seen that when someone is being a complete arse usually we see a lot of people on the side against him, that's basically human nature. Aer was being a jackass, okay, now let's figure out what needs to be done and get it over with.
>
> On my offensive side Aer may have done a load of work for the new Eclipse site but that means nothing if you're going to become a jerk about it. Robin wasn't exactly liked by everyone but he did the site and never became a power-drunk arse about it, he just was who he was. Quit if you will, Eclipse has gotten through plenty of problems before and should be able to now with the community almost in it's prime before this came up.

Oh yes, I live every day to be a jackass to all of you. That's what I say to myself to wake up in the morning. I wake up and spend hours working on this place so I can say, "Who do I want to be a jackass too today?" You nailed. Congratulations. /endsarcasm

Thanks,

Aeroplane

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

> I agree with that snow, also JC I don't think this argument was about the engine its self..maybe I'm wrong, but it's not what I thought, however I do agree it gets only as good as we make it. To be honest we do still talk about our daily lives etc…but there's a new generation, things change and bum candy happens..we can no longer keep looking back. It simply isn't what it was years back.

I've thought that for a long time, and there a few left who criticize the change and aren't willing to go with it. Of course it isn't what it was a few years, nor should it ever be that way again, were here to move forward not go back in time to be just another indie community, but to be one of the best and seriously the community is having a bit of trouble going with it. This might happen a lot with communities filled with veterans like this one but this was a bit of an outrage because of a message on the shoutbox in complete caps using just profanity blatantly by Aer.

> Wait, what? I have Marshy Dearest in my back-pocket? Hardly. In fact, me and Marshy Dearest discussed things before I was even brought on as staff, and the services I provide would not stop if I were to leave because if idiots…no, let me make that more clear, **IGNORANT DOUCHEBAGS** like you. There, that was more specific.
>
> You say I am the problem and yet you provide no evidence as to how.
>
> 1) That's hardly how it went down. You left out all of the backstory. But of course, you do this for every argument. (Just wait, I'll prove my point below.)
>
> 2) Again, you leave out anything that may have happened before that situation, you provide no specifics, and you claim I say things but provide no actual quotes. Instead you go with the "he said she said" situation.
>
> 3) I corrected myself after that, therefore this would be null and void.
>
> 4) Again with this? As I explained, it's something that the staff general agrees upon. In fact, Marshy Dearest set the permissions for that, not me.
>
> 5) How does this have anything to do with anything? First off, it's hardly true. The first part is about 80% true, in that you guys sure do act like you want the authority, with the generalized statements that you seem to think the ideas and opinions you have are superior to the policies in place.
>
> You don't think I'll quit? You have no idea. I don't give a rats ass what Marshy Dearest says to me, or does for me, I will leave this place if and when I desire. He has nothing to do with this.
>
> Yes, that's the answer. Carbon copy Soul to the rest of the staff. To hell with individuality, what is the point anyway?
>
> No admin here has total say so or control. In fact, from what I have seen, any decision that is made by the staff we collaborate with two or three other staff members, and often times other members.
>
> You want creativity, then talk about how we should moderate every project that is posted. Wait, what?
>
> Yes, he's obviously pushing problems into the dark. That's his entire goal on this site. /endsarcasm I think the main point of him asking them in PM's, is so they actually get resolved instead of people just bitching about them. (Case and point: This post.)
>
> Oh yes, I live every day to be a jackass to all of you. That's what I say to myself to wake up in the morning. I wake up and spend hours working on this place so I can say, "Who do I want to be a jackass too today?" You nailed. Congratulations. /endsarcasm
>
> Thanks,
>
> Magical Aeroplane

Okay, sure, everyone is a bit defensive on things like this. But that right there, that bold text. Really man? Sure it might be a sensitive situation but if were going to disagree do us the favor and keep it clean. It's the internet guys, and I'm not talking here drunk or anything, I'm just not taking your problem seriously because if we all started taking this seriously Eclipse would a wreck.

> Okay, sure, everyone is a bit defensive on things like this. But that right there, that bold text. Really man? Sure it might be a sensitive situation but if were going to disagree do us the favor and keep it clean. It's the internet guys, and I'm not talking here drunk or anything, I'm just not taking your problem seriously because if we all started taking this seriously Eclipse would a wreck.

> **Aer was being a jackass,**

THIS IS WHAT I HAVE BEEN TAKING ABOUT. "You're wrong, but I can do what I say you do that is wrong because I am not wrong because I say so."

Is anyone other than me paying attention?

Thanks,

Aeroplane

There he goes again, calling me ignorant, well, if you want to go there…you're a stupid power hungry f'uck who wants to cry and quit because he can't have his way, grow up, I'm supposedly such the 12 year old and all you ever do is pick fights, lie about what is said...claim you'll quit to Marshy Dearest...stay here and do the same bum candy again, it's almost like a tape recorder...it repeats and yet you've actually been throwing bum candy like that out there all night..no one called you any names..and of course Marshy Dearest was right there in the chat when you were saying rude bum candy...it's funny though, why are you still here? you said you were leaving..I'm quite done trying to be nice to ya...you're the only self contradicting ignorant douchebag here. You continued saying how I was such the flip flop and yet you're such an idiot I'm once again pointing out how you're a hypocrite...little 12-16 year old who can't make up his mind. GET THE duck OUT.

Awsome possum ![:)](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/community/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.png) so far i have had no issues from anyone on this site tho. seriously its actually kinda cool how much the admin actually are willing to hear the communities ideas. ive been on alotta sites where it is hard to even get a mod to listen let alone do anything about a problem or even a suggestion you may have. i kinda think people are forgetting just how good we have it.

Except if half the members in question excluding you are all on the same side it doesn't make them ignorant, it makes you against what other people think. I'm sure I'm not the only one who has some beef with you and others here have it worst than I do when it comes to your case. You want to be right? Don't provide the example a good half hour before I decide to bring it in on my side.

> There he goes again, calling me ignorant, well, if you want to go there…you're a stupid power hungry f'uck who wants to cry and quit because he can't have his way, grow up, I'm supposedly such the 12 year old and all you ever do is pick fights, lie about what is said...claim you'll quit to Marshy Dearest...stay here and do the same bum candy again, it's almost like a tape recorder...it repeats and yet you've actually been throwing bum candy like that out there all night..no one called you any names..and of course Marshy Dearest was right there in the chat when you were saying rude bum candy...it's funny though, why are you still here? you said you were leaving..I'm quite done trying to be nice to ya...you're the only self contradicting ignorant douchebag here. You continued saying how I was such the flip flop and yet you're such an idiot I'm once again pointing out how you're a hypocrite...little 12-16 year old who can't make up his mind. GET THE duck OUT.

Continue to prove my points, it's done so well so far. Of course, the ignorant douchebags like you continue to believe you because well, let's face it, everyone wants to be part of something. And if two people are already teaming up against someone, why would they join the side that is allegedly losing?

> Except if half the members in question excluding you are all on the same side it doesn't make them ignorant, it makes you against what other people think. I'm sure I'm not the only one who has some beef with you and others here have it worst than I do when it comes to your case. You want to be right? Don't provide the example a good half hour before I decide to bring it in on my side.

So hold on, now I'm wrong because more people think I am wrong than think I am right? This just gets more and more confusing.

Yeah, I yelled at Death, oh well, get over it. He deserved it. Of course everyone thinks he doesn't, because, well most likely of the above.

Thanks,

Aeroplane

> Except if half the members in question excluding you are all on the same side it doesn't make them ignorant, it makes you against what other people think. I'm sure I'm not the only one who has some beef with you and others here have it worst than I do when it comes to your case. You want to be right? Don't provide the example a good half hour before I decide to bring it in on my side.

I've specifically pointed out just how many people have spoken out against him for the same reason, his only conclusions are either we're ignorant, shittheads, invalid statement making douchebags, 12 year old children or just incorrect/wrong over all….I mean after all according to him what he says just isn't or can't be wrong. He can't even stop and say what he's done wrong, that's why I pitty him most I mean you can't say at the least I haven't done that..I've apologized...tried to stop arguments while the only thing he can do is point fingers...cry and claim how everyone is out to get him, it's really starting to piss me off and I'm done taking the shi't from a cry baby admin who can't keep his ducking bum candy straight, it's as simple as ducking that. I mean so you say I deserve well, if no one else agrees I guess that automatically makes them wrong right?

I laugh at how he continues to say we come up with no valid reason when you haven't came up with bum candy besides no this or not that.

> Awsome possum ![:)](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/community/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.png) so far i have had no issues from anyone on this site tho. seriously its actually kinda cool how much the admin actually are willing to hear the communities ideas. ive been on alotta sites where it is hard to even get a mod to listen let alone do anything about a problem or even a suggestion you may have. i kinda think people are forgetting just how good we have it.

I do agree on how people are forgetting how good Eclipse is to some people. Were looking at problems over an internet community, and maybe the development of Eclipse is serious business, but at the end of the day were all on the internet and problems can be resolved without it becoming a flurry of accusations and profanity. If were going to argue, again, let's be a little cleaner and a bit more professional. Let Marshy Dearest hear the whole thing, each side make some points and not throw curses across the room.

> Let Marshy Dearest hear the whole thing, each side make some points and not throw curses across the room.

Exactly, instead of throwing insults back and forth maybe provide a argument (as each side has) and leave it at that. Is fighting really going to solve anything?

I am glad to hear peoples opinions on the community. I am glad people like and people who dont are willing to post there opinion. But honestly when people act as if it is all bad i get a little hurt.

> Continue to prove my points, it's done so well so far. Of course, the ignorant douchebags like you continue to believe you because well, let's face it, everyone wants to be part of something. And if two people are already teaming up against someone, why would they join the side that is allegedly losing?
>
> So hold on, now I'm wrong because more people think I am wrong than think I am right? This just gets more and more confusing.
>
> Yeah, I yelled at Death, oh well, get over it. He deserved it. Of course everyone thinks he doesn't, because, well most likely of the above.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Magical Aeroplane

No, your in the position of Administrator while openly calling others douchebags and ignorant. Come on, do we need to resort to that? Sure, I may have thrown a bad name here and there recently and honestly I don't think I'm right either but when you are in the position your sitting in you need to have a bit of a more professional tone and not let me or the others that aren't anything but regular members sound a lot more mature than you.

> I've specifically pointed out just how many people have spoken out against him for the same reason, his only conclusions are either we're ignorant, shitthead, invalid statement making douchebags, 12 year old children or just incorrect/wrong over all….I mean after all according to him what he says just isn't or can't be wrong. He can't even stop and say what he's done wrong, that's why I pitty him most I mean you can't say at the least I haven't done that..I've apologized...tried to stop arguments while the only thing he can do is point fingers...cry and claim how everyone is out to get him, it's really starting to piss me off and I'm done taking the liez from a cry baby admin who can't keep his ducking bum candy straight, it's as simple as ducking that.

I'm hardly pointing fingers. I'm hardly crying. I keep my story strait. You have never apologized. You have never tried to stop. (You say you will stop, and then you jump right back in, so the Hippocratic card falls back on you. That was a finger point. Make sure you write it down.)

> I do agree on how people are forgetting how good Eclipse is to some people. Were looking at problems over an internet community, and maybe the development of Eclipse is serious business, but at the end of the day were all on the internet and problems can be resolved without it becoming a flurry of accusations and profanity. If were going to argue, again, let's be a little cleaner and a bit more professional. Let Marshy Dearest hear the whole thing, each side make some points and not throw curses across the room.

At the end of the day, no one appreciates anything and just wants to argue.

Thanks,

Aeroplane

I did apologize quite a few people were there that day, I only jump back into because you continue going which hey I'm not saying looks good on my part, but now that :hypocritical card" is falling back on you, oh and learn what the meaning of hypocrite is before you go using it any type of way, I said you start arguments…just because I reply to what you say which comes off as arguing doesn't make me a hypocrite.

jesus christ, i come on here just now and this is what i fuking see….a bunch of morons arguing over something stupid....Sure the community has gone to bum candy but that doesn't mean it's still fun. The creativity thing is just dumbasses complaining about every little thing. just ignore it. The admin abusing..that's something that all the mods and admins need to be fired and get new ones. and Marshy Dearest, if you don't like the bum candy talk about the community, then just delete the shoutbox permanently, problem solved. You guys argue like little kids sometimes and this is one of those times...Grow up, if you don't like it, gtfo. Death and Snow are the only ones that i see who are not acting like 7 year olds. Just stop everyone, it gets very tiring to see a topic flame up about the community...

> jesus christ, i come on here just now and this is what i fuking see….a bunch of morons arguing over something stupid....Sure the community has gone to bum candy but that doesn't mean it's still fun. The creativity thing is just dumbasses complaining about every little thing. just ignore it. The admin abusing..that's something that all the mods and admins need to be fired and get new ones. and Marshy Dearest, if you don't like the bum candy talk about the community, then just delete the shoutbox permanently, problem solved. You guys argue like little kids sometimes and this is one of those times...Grow up, if you don't like it, gtfo. Death and Snow are the only ones that i see who are not acting like 7 year olds. Just stop everyone, it gets very tiring to see a topic flame up about the community...

That's a tad blunt, but yeah, we need to not take things so seriously when it comes to some bad names in the shoutbox. We need some higher standards though because the problem and solution can all stem from that. We saw way less problems and less harsh criticism when projects had to be approved with guidelines in place because it kept out most of the problematic arguments.

Also as far as making Eclipse in a new language, it is brought up a lot. Yes we would all love. The cold hard truth is that no one currently possesses the ability. I might be able to create a c++ engine. But i am to busy with college. Even if i i wasnt it would take months. People claim they can make other versions, nothing every comes of it. It is not as simple as simply saying create another engine. Eclipse is a huge engine whether you believe it or not. The amount of work needed is insane.

I agree with that, I'll go even a step further just to prove this was pointless as I tried to say earlier, sorry Magical Aeroplane if anything came off as offensive, but…just know I'm only apologizing because it seems like a way to solve this, I don't think I'm wrong about what I said, but I can see it doesn't matter. Thanks, Zero.

> Also as far as making Eclipse in a new language, it is brought up a lot. Yes we would all love. The cold hard truth is that no one currently possesses the ability. I might be able to create a c++ engine. But i am to busy with college. Even if i i wasnt it would take months. People claim they can make other versions, nothing every comes of it. It is not as simple as simply saying create another engine. Eclipse is a huge engine whether you believe it or not. The amount of work needed is insane.

Been there, tried that. Extreme truth right there ^^. @Marshy Dearest

I stopped reading after the 5th wall of text. So if I for some reason missed somthing sorry about that. Anyways this is just ridiculous. Arguments over the engine are pointless. If you want to use another language then program an engine in it. If you lack the ability to do so then you have no right to complain as it is not your hard work and time going into it. It seems that we go through a cycle on this forum. Someone new takes a step up to help do something. People female dog about it get angry and act like children. I can guarentee that no matter who the staff is and what engine we are using that in the next 4 months we will have this same issue. It will not stop unless people grow up. Every comment in this thread that continues to bash a staff member or the engine will do nothing to fix the issue. All you are doing is perpetuating the cycle of this forum. So I look forward to seeing you all in 4 months at our next little female dog fest.

The site is clean, intuitive and in relatively good order and the community as a whole appears to have become progressively more wholesome and tolerant of new people. I don't really understand what the fuss is about, these are just my observations from lurking but all of this drama seems to be stemming from a plain conflict of personalities. Anyone in a position of authority are human beings as well, and as such, both sides are prone to disliking each other and unfortunately if there's only arguments and no blatant abuse of power everyone's just going to have to learn to cope with the people who irritate them. I'm sure we all do this on a daily basis, at school, work or at home - it should be relatively easy to tolerate with little effort.

Maybe I'm missing the nostalgia goggles since I've never really involved myself with Eclipse much outside of lurking, but I've only seen improvements over the course of this year. I'd only suggest continuing to keep things simple, improve, collaborate and continue driving Eclipse on into future generations and have patience and a helping hand ready for the onslaught of newbies improvement will inevitably bring, because let's face it, not all of us will be here forever and somebody needs to keep such a great place thriving and well prepared so it can continue its existence.

I'd also like to pipe in to say I don't like the sounds of quality controlling the projects section, It's one thing to remove the troll threads but shunning projects that don't live up to some kind of biased standards just restrains growth and doesn't give new people a chance to try and will scare off anyone willing to. The basic information guidelines are enough, and if the game isn't special enough for you just ignore it, people are here trying to learn through the available information and the experience of trying to apply that information. Everyone has to start from somewhere, if their project isn't attractive enough no one will play it and they'll learn something was missing through failure, something that sticks and weeds out the people not willing to improve.

> I stopped reading after the 5th wall of text. So if I for some reason missed somthing sorry about that. Anyways this is just ridiculous. Arguments over the engine are pointless. If you want to use another language then program an engine in it. If you lack the ability to do so then you have no right to complain as it is not your hard work and time going into it. It seems that we go through a cycle on this forum. Someone new takes a step up to help do something. People female dog about it get angry and act like children. I can guarentee that no matter who the staff is and what engine we are using that in the next 4 months we will have this same issue. It will not stop unless people grow up. Every comment in this thread that continues to bash a staff member or the engine will do nothing to fix the issue. All you are doing is perpetuating the cycle of this forum. So I look forward to seeing you all in 4 months at our next little female dog fest.

I just want to point out that it's vice verse, staff aren't the only ones being bashed in this topic, so don't forget to include or read everything before throwing it out there. Besides, far as I'm concerned it's settled on my behalf.