Find results in...

New Developer

Marsh

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> check over his work for grammatical errors

![:(](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/community/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/sad.png)?

But yeah in all seriousness you've pretty much got the idea right there. One person can't do it on their own - there's a reason why there are whole teams for specific parts on an engine.

I agree with that Rob. Eclipse should have more then just one Developer working on the main version of it. There should be certain people for certain tasks just like you would have when your making a game, one person doesn't do the whole thing.

We should try and bring back something like the Robins Team or w/e it was called that he had as the "Developer" group where it's a couple of people working on it with one as the "Head" developer like Robin was. That person overlooks the final stages of everything and works on a little of all or their own section but has help for the others.

Of course this will only work if the whole team is around the same level of coding skills (Like a team of you(Rob), Gen and Sek).

LOL I'm just using examples Sekaru

I agree Ertz, so that's my plan, at least, should whoever is voting lean towards me. Someone else may have a different vision and want to run it by themselves and that's fine too, I just think we should use what resources we have, as long as its managed well and not thrown together bogging the system down.

> as long as its managed well and not thrown together bogging the system down.

I would make sure that would never happen ![:P](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/community/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue.png).

Well the Developer position really has nothing to do with the Custom Versions. The CV's is an area for the non-appointed Eclipse "staff"/developer to release their own versions of the main Eclipse build which is what the Developer would be working on….

> Well the Developer position really has nothing to do with the Custom Versions. The CV's is an area for the non-appointed Eclipse "staff"/developer to release their own versions of the main Eclipse build which is what the Developer would be working on….

Ah, so we're referring to base "Eclipse" versions then, which.. I see nothing relating to them at all; they're all named independently of one another.

I think there should be a developer group, with maybe 2-3 developers and a head developer who basically keeps the team on track, and they're tasked with the duty of overhauling EO VB6\. That's my plan should the community sway that way.

Well; I don't think we should gate the custom versions, if people want to create their own, more power to them. Though I think it should go through an approval process first. There's a cluserf… of them now.

> I think there should be a developer group, with maybe 2-3 developers and a head developer who basically keeps the team on track, and they're tasked with the duty of overhauling EO VB6\. That's my plan should the community sway that way.
>
> Well; I don't think we should gate the custom versions, if people want to create their own, more power to them. Though I think it should go through an approval process first. There's a cluserf… of them now.

That's exactly what I'm saying. Custom versions should be peer-reviewed at the LEAST; if someones custom version is found to be sub-par, it's removed until it can pass through the scrutiny of the community as a whole.

• 2 weeks later...