Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

[VB6] Programming Contest

Marsh

[http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/community/index.php?/topic/130033-auction-house-tutorial/](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/community/index.php?/topic/130033-auction-house-tutorial/)

Here is my submission, i wen't over everything and pretty much redid the system. Everything seems to be working fine now.

Regards,

General General Pony

> No full engine submissions please. Post a tutorial or a engine with a specific feature added. You may submit as many different additions as you want. **If you are already working on something you can release it as a entry only if you havent already released it to the public yet**. This is for brand new source only. Source code must be supplied. This is to help the community.

That applies to you, Gen.

> That applies to you, Gen.

Considering i posted this a few weeks when i thought the contest was _supposed_ _to start,_ and it was bugged to the core until wen't through and redid quite a bit of the code. I think I'm on the safe side.

Honestly Budweiser, get off my case. If this applies to me, then it applies to the person releasing _Vbgore's_ particle system as well; because it has already been released.

> Considering i posted this a few weeks when i thought the contest was _supposed_ _to start,_ and it was bugged to the core until wen't through and redid quite a bit of the code. I think I'm on the safe side.
>
> Honestly Budweiser, get off my case. If this applies to me, then it applies to the person releasing _Vbgore's_ particle system as well; because it has already been released.

> Sure as long as you wrote it. **Or at least wrote the code to implement it.**

Read posts before please next time. And i wroted particle editor from sratch for it and made entire particle system to work with EO, and i think it required more time than your _Auction house system_.

> And i wroted particle editor from sratch for it

I applaud you sir, you managed to add form controls to a form and add functionality to it like a label changing when a scrollbar is scrolled. It must've taken you hours to create such a wondrous and complicated form.

To be honest I don't think the particle editor or the auction house should count. The particle editor isn't really his, and the auction house was already released. Even if it was buggy, I got it to work fine; it's implemented in my game now. Besides, we can't have a programming contest with only 2-3 entries. It's just stupid. I was going to, but I have a shitton of tests because its the end of the marking period, and plus no motivation

> To be honest I don't think the particle editor or the auction house should count. The particle editor isn't really his, and the auction house was already released. Even if it was buggy, I got it to work fine; it's implemented in my game now. Besides, we can't have a programming contest with only 2-3 entries. It's just stupid. I was going to, but I have a shitton of tests because its the end of the marking period, and plus no motivation

I will most likely remove it from the Competition, just thought it would be fun to try.

I'm just going to wait for a final decision from Marshy Dearest, if he even gives one.