Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Nightmist 2 - Character Creation

Xlithan

@'SimilakChild':

> Man I love nightmist!! I used to play the hell out of it. Cant wait to try it. Are you remaking it with graphics or a new game?

It will basically be an entire recreation of the original world, in a 2D environment. Been approved by JLH and Pandilex. JLH hosts all of my website stuff. Nightmist was massive, I started playing back in 2001.

@'Nimzorz':

> I really like that interface. However, that baby blue on the buttons is a little tacky. Overall it looks awesome.

Read the post. It's a temporary interface JUST to show off the character creation menu, with the hair, eyes and race/class selection.

The biggest mistake was splitting the server into 2\. I believe Pandilex is still working on Opal Spheres. I was talking to him a couple weeks ago about making Nightmist a browser-based client. More people would play if there was a browser-based client because not only would it mean playing on platforms other than windows, but it means people could play it anywhere and not have to download it.

WOAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!
I seriously want to know how to do that(of course it involves coding, so I'm not even gonna bother to try make one). The graphics are good and the title fits the logo and background. Very good!

Oh and how come u haven't changed the buttons for "login", "register", "credits" and "exit". Do u know how to or do u just wanna keep it that way?

@'Sekiguchi:

> (of course it involves coding, so I'm not even gonna bother to try make one)

Why not man! That is how most of the people here learned how to program. You would be surprised what you can learn if you try.

@'SimilakChild':

> @'Sekiguchi:
>
> > (of course it involves coding, so I'm not even gonna bother to try make one)
>
> Why not man! That is how most of the people here learned how to program. You would be surprised what you can learn if you try.

I fully agree with Similak, can't learn until your try :D

• 1 month later...
I'd go with sliders instead of radio boxes, you know, these types with the name in the center and arrows on the left and right of it to go to the next one and to the forward. The curent setup is crowded and doesn't have any space to breathe. However you said it's temporary, so I take it this is not for graphical input as much as feature input.

• 3 weeks later...
Because certain classes become unavailable depending on the race you pick. And that's not how I've coded it lol. The radio buttons are in an array. It takes the index of the array when you click a radio button and uses that to define class selection.