Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

[C#] Retrieving Data From a Website for your Databse

JeffSventora

So for an application I'm working on, I want to have the COMPLETE Magic the Gathering database at my disposal. I kept thinking of ways to achieve it, and what resources I had available. Then it hit me, I don't need to connect to anyone's database to request information, I can simply pull it from the web. So I did just that. What this program allows you to do is click on which sets you want to pull from the database at magiccards.info and will spit out all of the information in the program directory. Essentially what I'm doing is stripping down HTML files and picking out all of the required information. I hope you guys enjoy this, it's pretty hacky but hey, it works ![:P](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/community/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue.png).

[attachment=224:MagicHunter.zip]

NOTE: If you just want to test it out, I suggest downloading one set at a time. Do a set like Graveborn, there isn't a lot of cards. If you do a LOT of set AND include the images, this WILL take a long ass time!

• 2 weeks later...
> NOTE: If you just want to test it out, I suggest downloading one set at a time. Do a set like Graveborn, there isn't a lot of cards. If you do a LOT of set AND include the images, this WILL take a long ass time!

Just wondering: does it take so long because you _haven't_ optimized it, or because you _can't_?